• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure where to post this, but can someone tell me how to set up a new thread with a poll?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Should be an option underneath where you type in the text asking whether you want to attach a poll to the thread, and how many options you wish to have.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Howdy everyone...

I see a lot of you have "Sealand" as the location for your profile.

Is this in anyway related to this? Just curious...

Principality of Sealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the gist of the story!

A rich but eccentric twit, Roy Bates, bought a decommissioned WW-II radar station off the coast of England and named it 'The Principality of Sealand', after getting ratification from international court. He then bestowed upon himself the title - 'His Royal Higness - The Prince Roy of Sealand'.

He is the true lord and master of this island and British Government does not have any jurisdiction. British Govt was helpless, when he shot at a vessel that dared enter "his Sovereign waters" - but all this pales in comparison to the rest of the story. There is invasion, kidnap, a battle to reclaim the invaded land, the involvement of Dutch and German diplomats to negotiate release of prisoners of war - all in this tiny sovereign man made island.....

Story on various principalities here:

http://www.odt.co.nz/lifestyle/magazine/104458/don039t-country-you-live-start-your-own

fromage

Cricket Spectator
Hello everyone, i'm a bit new and just testing here.
I wanted to post my 'twopenneth' about this match fixing/spreadbetting scandal but I guess that's already been done to death?
Anyway.
looking forward to hearing more from you all

bagapath

International Captain
sir alex and king kallis.... it is better to watch my next film... :) you will know when i go back to shoot from my long absence from CW