• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warney and Roy say mean things about Labuschagne off-air while Howie keeps schtum

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
They can do all of that wrong stuff like talk crap about Marnus away from the mic, they're morons. I have full blown AIDS but you don't see me causing a ruckus whenever you blokes bring it up.
Wow.

Just tried to find a thread where you discussed it previously.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
like sok got bullied out of the lehmann coached team for reading buddhism , this unfortch isn't a new frontier for australian cricket

if there is a rubicon for locker room bullying in world cricket (and there should be) we crossed it long ago
I don’t know this specific story but yeah that was hardly the only thing Sok did

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
like sok got bullied out of the lehmann coached team for reading buddhism , this unfortch isn't a new frontier for australian cricket

if there is a rubicon for locker room bullying in world cricket (and there should be) we crossed it long ago
I thought Sok had his career ended because he was a binge drinking, borderline alcoholic prone to violent and/ or inappropriate outbursts.

Burgey

It's amazing that Warne has lasted in commentary this long and not been involved in more of these controversies (on or off mike).
Warne is genuinely Teflon coated in australia. Very few other public figures would have gotten away with all the crap he has, be crap at their current role and still be the object of widespread adoration.

When you think how many other sportspeople get hoisted here, it’s barely believable.He’s like a sporting Trump - people just shrug off his awfulness as “that’s just Warney” and carry on.

I mean, afaik he hasn’t even issued an apology has been?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is genuinely Teflon coated in australia. Very few other public figures would have gotten away with all the crap he has, be crap at their current role and still be the object of widespread adoration.

When you think how many other sportspeople get hoisted here, it’s barely believable.He’s like a sporting Trump - people just shrug off his awfulness as “that’s just Warney” and carry on.

I mean, afaik he hasn’t even issued an apology has been?
Warne didn’t even say anything that bad to be fair

TheJediBrah

What is the social trend?

Add isn't even a real illness. Every boy in school who is somewhat energetic gets labelled it.

If he had said autism or asperger's it would be different
Basically anything that could offend anyone with a special condition, or who belongs to a group considered to be a minority or underprivileged in anyway is dangerous ground to be treading

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically anything that could offend anyone with a special condition, or who belongs to a group considered to be a minority or underprivileged in anyway is dangerous ground to be treading
But making puerile schoolyard comments of the physical apperance of numerous different cricketers is completely fine?

thierry henry

International Coach
Last thing I want is to get involved in another one of *these* arguments. FWIW I do find it a remarkable quirk of modern life that I, as a certifiably Rare Unit, just accept the toxic alcoholic bullying culture of my Senior B club team...in fact I love and embrace it while acknowledging it as a fact of life.

Yet you get a group of people together who represent the absolute peak of toxic alphaness (an elite sporting team) and expect them to behave infinitely better than my team, a group of random guys who have no eliteness or alphaness to excuse or even make sense of their behaviour.

Whether it’s right or it’s wrong, the expectation feels extravagantly detached from the reality.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly anyone who has ever played cricket at club level in Australia has seen, experienced or taken part in bullying akin to the Hoggpile. It doesn't make it right, but denying it happens is silly.

Admitting that **** in front of a microphone is very poor form though. The standards should be higher for public broadcast than for the locker room.

And Burgey is absolutely right that Warne is a sporting Trump. It's like everyone has long since written anything he does off as "oh that's just Warnie" and so nothing he does surprises or shocks any more.

Window

U19 Debutant
Yeah I can totally see the Trump comparisons, right down the to the "locker room talk" as acceptance of the comments made. As if they would be fine if they were off air.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly anyone who has ever played cricket at club level in Australia has seen, experienced or taken part in bullying akin to the Hoggpile. It doesn't make it right, but denying it happens is silly.

Admitting that **** in front of a microphone is very poor form though. The standards should be higher for public broadcast than for the locker room.

And Burgey is absolutely right that Warne is a sporting Trump. It's like everyone has long since written anything he does off as "oh that's just Warnie" and so nothing he does surprises or shocks any more.
Yeah, Warne should be wheeled on to talk about spin but told to shut the **** up about anything else. He's so ridiculously easily led, and he seizes any opportunity to engage in ****wittery if it's presented. His constant repetition of the same **** in commentary is not something anyone needs to hear.

the big bambino

International Captain
Last thing I want is to get involved in another one of *these* arguments. FWIW I do find it a remarkable quirk of modern life that I, as a certifiably Rare Unit, just accept the toxic alcoholic bullying culture of my Senior B club team...in fact I love and embrace it while acknowledging it as a fact of life.

Yet you get a group of people together who represent the absolute peak of toxic alphaness (an elite sporting team) and expect them to behave infinitely better than my team, a group of random guys who have no eliteness or alphaness to excuse or even make sense of their behaviour.

Whether it’s right or it’s wrong, the expectation feels extravagantly detached from the reality.
Doesn’t this suggest that if it’s common in sports teams then the problem isn’t alphaness ? Problems like bullying are usually at the instigation of one or two influential arseholes and everyone else joins in cause they don’t want to be the guy singled out.

the big bambino

International Captain
(Right. Just after linking it with toxicity and the inevitability of bullying.) I mean that’s true, but it ain’t what you were saying.