• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warney and Roy say mean things about Labuschagne off-air while Howie keeps schtum

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thank god you speak Queensland. To me

"We'd have to give him the hogpile. "Mate, you keep that **** up, we're gonna squash your guts out your arse"."

kinda sounded like Symonds called his old fella "the hogpile", was threatening to deep throat Labuschagne and tacitly boasting about said member's size with the depth of the penetration.

Tough image to get past, tbh.
Mate, you’ve thought about this far too much

cnerd123

likes this
thats a bit extreme tbh
so you think it's appropriate that they get paid to:
1) mock people with conditions like ADD
2) mock an Australian Test cricketer
3) Admit on air to bullying a teammate and laughing about it.
on air for everyone to hear?

I'm not saying they broke a law, but that's extremely unprofessional behavior. They should atleast be warned with a line drawn in the sand for future behaviour.

Shady Slim

International Coach
tbh i personally find smith's eccentricities amusing and honestly kind of endearing because it's plain that it's entirely unconscious and he genuinely has no idea how he looks, whereas i feel that marnus is very very self-aware and knows exactly how he looks
i on the other hand hate hatehatehatehatehate watching the guy bat and think it's utterly painful to watch but i'm also not gonna get picked up on hot mic saying he's on the spectrum because my brain isn't made of soup lol

absolutely boggles my mind how and why they'd say this in the comm box. dean jones was in the next room over when he called hashim amla a terrorist and got picked up and rightly dressed down for saying that, i just can't fathom the stupidity here. inb4 haha you should have expected it given that it's warnie. also jeez the hogg pile is a Pretty ****ed Up Thing To Do but also so on brand for the aus team

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They can do all of that wrong stuff like talk crap about Marnus away from the mic, they're morons. I have full blown AIDS but you don't see me causing a ruckus whenever you blokes bring it up.

But it was incredibly dumb in spite of broadcasting 101 to assume that the mic was dead. That's the real crime here. Yes Minister dealt with this years ago.

IIRC at the time when it happened, the stream wasn't exactly up or working on Kayo due to how late the Test day ended. Must have been waiting for it to go up, which makes ajdude's find all the more precious.

Daemon

I'm not saying they broke a law, but that's extremely unprofessional behavior. They should atleast be warned with a line drawn in the sand for future behaviour.
no it’s not appropriate

they should be warned

Spikey

on this, I imagine this won't be a problem, outside of me going on about it.

Shady Slim

International Coach
like sok got bullied out of the lehmann coached team for reading buddhism , this unfortch isn't a new frontier for australian cricket

if there is a rubicon for locker room bullying in world cricket (and there should be) we crossed it long ago

Window

U19 Debutant
The "funny" thing was Warne laughing about it with an expression which looked like he was recalling the good ol' days. The Australian team setup must have been awful back then with all the cliques, bullying and politicking.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Just watched the video. Boy it's hard to watch. Surely they can't keep their jobs after that?
Hard to watch?

It was literally tongue in cheek

Used to hear this in club cricket all the time from the older guys, and it was entertaining.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Roy the kind of bloke that wouldn't be particularly aware of social trends, or particularly concerned with them
What is the social trend?

Add isn't even a real illness. Every boy in school who is somewhat energetic gets labelled it.

If he had said autism or asperger's it would be different

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
like sok got bullied out of the lehmann coached team for reading buddhism , this unfortch isn't a new frontier for australian cricket

if there is a rubicon for locker room bullying in world cricket (and there should be) we crossed it long ago
No, he was ousted because he was a drunk who apparently said some despicable things to the female cricketers at some function.