• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warney and Roy say mean things about Labuschagne off-air while Howie keeps schtum

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbh i personally find smith's eccentricities amusing and honestly kind of endearing because it's plain that it's entirely unconscious and he genuinely has no idea how he looks, whereas i feel that marnus is very very self-aware and knows exactly how he looks
I dont think he is self aware but I do feel he is trying to emulate Smith rather than this being his normal ways. But come on, hero worship is not so hard to understand, is it?

Spark

Global Moderator
I dont think he is self aware but I do feel he is trying to emulate Smith rather than this being his normal ways. But come on, hero worship is not so hard to understand, is it?
it's not just his batting i'm talking about tbf, but yeah he's pretty openly trying to emulate smith. i don't hate the guy but i don't find him anywhere near as endearing as smith.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh i personally find smith's eccentricities amusing and honestly kind of endearing because it's plain that it's entirely unconscious and he genuinely has no idea how he looks, whereas i feel that marnus is very very self-aware and knows exactly how he looks
even something like a "the ****'s just trying to copy Smith" would have been expected. instead just...nothing. it's strange!

Window

U19 Debutant
How's that a sign of ADD? Also, why do people be;ieve Smith is autistic? His eccentric mannerisms?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
it's not just his batting i'm talking about tbf, but yeah he's pretty openly trying to emulate smith. i don't hate the guy but i don't find him anywhere near as endearing as smith.
Actually, seeing him carrying on at short leg last night has made me half warm up to him. He's pretty hilarious, if only unintentionally and in a harmless sort of way. Think he's a genuine goofball. No one screeches ""Garyyy, to me, pleeeeease!" just to pose. Smith on the other hand, batting tics aside, is a personality vaccuum.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So this is a reference to former aus player Brad Hogg, who sometimes got a bit over-excited and hyped up. The story has been told plenty of times that when this happened Symonds would tackle him and a game of stacks on, or a Hogg pile, would occur and teammates would jump onto him. brad hogg was claustrophobic

So basically what Symonds is saying is that Marnus is different and he should be bullied until he conforms
Thank god you speak Queensland. To me

"We'd have to give him the hogpile. "Mate, you keep that **** up, we're gonna squash your guts out your arse"."

kinda sounded like Symonds called his old fella "the hogpile", was threatening to deep throat Labuschagne and tacitly boasting about said member's size with the depth of the penetration.

Tough image to get past, tbh.

Gob

International Coach
here is my serious post on the subject with links
Interesting read that hogg bit. Makes you wonder about the atmosphere among the group now and I doubt the masculine macho culture no longer exists with more than one player openly talking about fears and insecurities associated being a professional athlete

Spark

Global Moderator
Someone hates people with disabilities, smh at you.
I know this is a joke post and I'm using this as a placeholder to reply to, but I really do think the "lol what an autist" stuff is bad and harmful and really plays into some pretty unpleasant stereotypes/makes both this place and - to the extent that it's replicated in the broader cricket community - cricket in general a pretty unwelcoming place for people with actual, diagnosed autism, ADHD, Asperger's etc etc.

Like, maybe Smith really does have Asperger's, and either hasn't been diagnosed, or doesn't feel comfortable sharing it with the broader public. Neither are great endorsements of how we treat this issue potentially. Alternatively, if he doesn't, then we're insulting a whole bunch of people who really have done absolutely nothing to deserve it just to mock an admittedly highly idiosyncratic sportsman. Like I said, I'm uncomfortable with it.

aussie tragic

International Captain
They only said what a lot of people think while they thought they were off camera.

Labuschagne is a dick who only copies Smith for attention.