• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warney and Roy say mean things about Labuschagne off-air while Howie keeps schtum

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doesn’t this suggest that if it’s common in sports teams then the problem isn’t alphaness ? Problems like bullying are usually at the instigation of one or two influential arseholes and everyone else joins in cause they don’t want to be the guy singled out.
The problem is the illusion of alphaness. In my experience, anyone who is referred to as/refers to themselves as 'alpha' is always a complete ****. The only way to escape the sort of **** they pull in team sports is to be very good at whatever it is you're playing...or, at least, very good at the level you are all playing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet you get a group of people together who represent the absolute peak of toxic alphaness (an elite sporting team) and expect them to behave infinitely better than my team, a group of random guys who have no eliteness or alphaness to excuse or even make sense of their behaviour.

Whether it’s right or it’s wrong, the expectation feels extravagantly detached from the reality.
/thread

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If anything he got off lightly for his drugs ban. He's a cricketing idiot savant. Great at cricket, terrible at everything else.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How ****ing dumb to you have to be to talk like this when mic'd up and cameras all around. Like Ffs at least Hulk Hogan had the common decency to be secretly filmed talking **** while ****ing another man's wife.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
How ****ing dumb to you have to be to talk like this when mic'd up and cameras all around. Like Ffs at least Hulk Hogan had the common decency to be secretly filmed talking **** while ****ing another man's wife.
Honestly they probably intended for it to be picked up.

Sounds like they were both dying to say something like this about Marnus.

Surely they'd know that Kayo viewers have access to everything.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I don’t know this specific story but yeah that was hardly the only thing Sok did
I thought Sok had his career ended because he was a binge drinking, borderline alcoholic prone to violent and/ or inappropriate outbursts.
both of these are true but higher order ****blokery was at the heart of the lehmann team so i choose to believe that it’s the buddhism thing