• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warney and Roy say mean things about Labuschagne off-air while Howie keeps schtum

Aritro

International Regular
Descriptively prolix thread titles are the way forward imo

To be fair I missed most of what these ***** are saying.

Warne: (indistinct) give Marnus another bowl or two
Symonds: Do somethin' (indistinct) ADD ****en (indistinct)
Warne: Yeah ****. Jesus, it's annoying. "Nooo!" Just ****en bat normally.
Symonds: We'd have to give him the hogpile. "Mate, you keep that **** up, we're gonna squash your guts out your arse".
Warne: *laughs*

What the **** does any of this even mean?!?

Aritro

International Regular
Did he spread it here? If so, in the true spirit of competition, let's leave both threads up and see which one has the most legs.

But also good work, ajdude!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Descriptively prolix thread titles are the way forward imo

To be fair I missed most of what these ***** are saying.

Warne: (indistinct) give Marnus another bowl or two
Symonds: Do somethin' (indistinct) ADD ****en (indistinct)
Warne: Yeah ****. Jesus, it's annoying. "Nooo!" Just ****en bat normally.
Symonds: We'd have to give him the hogpile. "Mate, you keep that **** up, we're gonna squash your guts out your arse".
Warne: *laughs*

What the **** does any of this even mean?!?
So this is a reference to former aus player Brad Hogg, who sometimes got a bit over-excited and hyped up. The story has been told plenty of times that when this happened Symonds would tackle him and a game of stacks on, or a Hogg pile, would occur and teammates would jump onto him. brad hogg was claustrophobic

So basically what Symonds is saying is that Marnus is different and he should be bullied until he conforms

Spikey

here is my serious post on the subject with links

on a serious note, when Hogg made his BBL return, ex-players turned commentators loved to tell the story of the "hogg pile" which always seemed like a pretty unnecessarily form of dressing room bullying (particularly when hogg's book came out and he talked of his problems with some players). for those that don't know what the hogg pile was, it seems when Hogg annoyed Symonds, he would tackle Hogg and have the rest of the team jump onto Hogg, who was claustrophobic and didn't much enjoy it. very strange areas. anyway, the tone of Symonds in this clip when he says Hogg Pile made me thought of this.

Aritro

International Regular
So this is a reference to former aus player Brad Hogg, who sometimes got a bit over-excited and hyped up. The story has been told plenty of times that when this happened Symonds would tackle him and a game of stacks on, or a Hogg pile, would occur and teammates would jump onto him. brad hogg was claustrophobic

So basically what Symonds is saying is that Marnus is different and he should be bullied until he conforms
Ah thanks mate, that was basically gibberish prior to your explanation.

Also The Age newspaper has provided this transcript:

"Do something now to his ADD (attention deficit disorder) f***ing pills," Symonds said.
"Yeah, f---," Warne responded. "Jeez it's annoying. 'No!!!' Just f---ing bat properly," Warne said, referring to Labuschagne's unorthodox behaviour while batting. Superstar batsman Steve Smith has similar quirks but was not targeted.

What Symonds fails to recognise is that without his pills, he'll obviously be even more twitchy.

Spikey

what's even stranger is that Smith wasn't mentioned at all. you'd think they'd at least be a "he's almost as annoying as Smith" or something

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne wouldn't want to tear into his former lovechild that badly.

I bet Warne doesn't even rate Marnus.

Aritro

International Regular
I'm actively ruing the fact that Warne didn't use a homophobic slur at any point. That would have been a fun ****storm to watch unfold after his immediate sacking.

Spark

Global Moderator
what's even stranger is that Smith wasn't mentioned at all. you'd think they'd at least be a "he's almost as annoying as Smith" or something
tbh i personally find smith's eccentricities amusing and honestly kind of endearing because it's plain that it's entirely unconscious and he genuinely has no idea how he looks, whereas i feel that marnus is very very self-aware and knows exactly how he looks