• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Under The Lid" Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First cricket match I went to was the 3rd day of the 93 test at Old Trafford, got to watch 10 minutes of Phil Tuffnell batting then was subjected to Australia and David Boon in particular, crawling along for most of the day despite being firmly in the ascendancy. Only Mark Waugh offered any respite.
Was that the match where the entire Aussie top-order made hundreds and Mark Waugh made 99? That was the first Ashes series I watched as well (on TV, that is).

Burgey

Was that the match where the entire Aussie top-order made hundreds and Mark Waugh made 99? That was the first Ashes series I watched as well (on TV, that is).
Nah, that was Lord's.

Old Trafford was part of the run of three consecutive tons by Boonie tho, iirc.

vcs

Oh yeah, Old Trafford was the "Ball of the Century" match. Remember that so well.

Burgey

Oh yeah, Old Trafford was the "Ball of the Century" match. Remember that so well.
Actually then, if that's the case Boonie missed out there - think he only got 90 odd in the second dig (cbf looking it up).

I also thought Peter Such played as England's spinner in that game, not Tuffers. Was a while ago now though.

Edit: looked it up - England played Such and Tuffers that game. Boonie got 93 in the second dig.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Prior faces the short ball like he's heart's still in SA.

Playing wiffy pull shots with less conviction than Lionel Hutz, or jumping out of the way of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone notice how there were loads more Aussies posting in the tour thread today than there have been since, oh, I don't know, day three at Brisbane? Funny that.

Doesn't apply to all of you, of course. You know who you are :p

Zinzan

Anyone notice how there were loads more Aussies posting in the tour thread today than there have been since, oh, I don't know, day three at Brisbane? Funny that.
Umm, that's pretty much par for the course for all fans to post more when their team does well- Funny that

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Multi-purpose "gloating after the fact" template

Just C&P and you're good to go:

In your face <insert name(s) of poster(s) who disagreed with you>. I told you <insert cricketer(s) name(s)> would come good/be dire/break down/announce he was Mitchell Johnson's life partner (delete as appropriate) but you said he was better than Bradman/worse than Ajit Agarkar/finished/coming back into form/not ***ually confused (delete as appropriate). You clearly know nothing about the sport and only started watching when the smelly, whinging poms/metrosexual crim chavs (delete as appropriate) started winning. Stick to sucking off sailors in Adelaide/Brisbane/Perth/Melbourne/Sydney/London/Liverpool (delete as apporpriate) docks.

Zinzan

In your face <insert name(s) of poster(s) who disagreed with you>. I told you <insert cricketer(s) name(s)> would come good/be dire/break down/announce he was Mitchell Johnson's life partner (delete as appropriate) but you said he was better than Bradman/worse than Ajit Agarkar/finished/coming back into form/not ***ually confused (delete as appropriate). You clearly know nothing about the sport and only started watching when the smelly, whinging poms/metrosexual crim chavs (delete as appropriate) started winning. Stick to sucking off sailors in Adelaide/Brisbane/Perth/Melbourne/Sydney/London/Liverpool (delete as apporpriate) docks.
Love your work, especially the bit about sailors :happy:

G.I.Joe

International Coach

:laugh: