• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Under The Lid" Thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is it too late to remind the English that in the whole hundred and something years of Ashes cricket they have been on the wrong end of every single whitewash? Or that their players are having nightmares about rumours of a 41 year old who has slept with all their wives, daughters and cleaning ladies?
At least Shane Warne is real. It is better than having an opening batsman that has has to sleep on the fast bowler's floor as he has nightmares about ghosts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it too late to remind the English that in the whole hundred and something years of Ashes cricket they have been on the wrong end of every single whitewash?
Yeah, all, what, two (?) of them.

stephen said:
Or that their players are having nightmares about rumours of a 41 year old who has slept with all their wives, daughters and cleaning ladies?
Nightmares? Nah, every Englishman thinks it's laughable that the pathetic Aussies are crying out for someone who retired four years ago to rescue their piece of **** cricket team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't go to any....I didn't get to any in 05 either.

I wasn't really a 'big' cricket fan until about 03 - took a late interest in it if you will. Watched cricket before then but didn't bother with overseas tests etc etc. Probably part of the reason why I have much more enthusiasm for the game than footy.

I wouldn't stop going to watch England if we were **** though...I mean between the 05 and 09 Ashes I still went along and we were turd for most of that period...the internationals in the summer are a highlight each year (just arranging with my mates about which games to go to next year actually).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given what you know about the other sports teams I follow and go to watch, I think you know that being a fairweather fan is not something in my nature.

Nice post cropping though ****

Howe_zat

Audio File
So you're saying you only started following cricket when England became a good test team?

Not a fairweather fan indeed.
Yeah, the whole 02-03 Ashes were a major high point. After that Grame Smith's successive double hundreds against us was a real day for the fairweather fans.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not a fairweather fan indeed.
To be fair, how many of the Aussie fans on here followed the team pre-waugh?

The last year or so, now, and the short term future will tell us a lot about the nature of a whole generation of Australian cricket fans who have never experienced lows before.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
First cricket match I went to was the 3rd day of the 93 test at Old Trafford, got to watch 10 minutes of Phil Tuffnell batting then was subjected to Australia and David Boon in particular, crawling along for most of the day despite being firmly in the ascendancy. Only Mark Waugh offered any respite.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was at Edgbaston in 85 when we beat the scum, the catch off the boot was a particular highlight.

Never been down under for a series but will do at some stage.