• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The greatest fielders from each nation

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Collingwood,Stokes,Jordan are Englands.

Honourable mention to Taylor for his short leg showings. Sure I saw him take some stunning catches at backward point for Leics and Notts too.

srbhkshk

International Captain
His slip fielding is not the best but I think Jadeja's is India's GOAT in outfield, rocket arm.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Wally Hammond in the slips and Sobers in that short slip/bat pad position of his. Strauss, Stokes also in the slips. Stokes is excellent in the outfield also.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
chris jordan is the best all round fielder i've ever seen play for england. an absolute freak all over the field.

in terms of great out field arms, ashley giles had a cannon of an arm. flat and powerful.

trescothick by far the best slipper i've seen for england.

the first person to mention flintoff as a great slipper gets hit in the head with a spade.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
If nobody has mentioned Derek Randall as a cover fielder for England the list is incomplete.

Stands with anyone I've seen in that area.

Neville Cardus once observed that Learie Constantine should have first refusal on any catch when he was in the field.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Derek Pringle had a lethal arm/bowl from the outfield as Dipak Patel discovered in 1992.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have time to read the whole thread and to be honest can't really be arsed - but I'm going to mention Trevor Penney just in case he's been overlooked as the greatest outfielder since a deadline so bogus you could plant trees in it.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Dilshan was a brilliant fielder for us in the past. Nowadays , we're very good at getting whupped and injured..

Flametree

International 12th Man
May surprise some folk who only remember him as a fairly elderly player, but Clive Lloyd was by all accounts an amazing cover fielder in his earlier days.

One I remember is Border at short-cover or short-midwicket back when those were fashionable "second of two catchers in the first 15 overs" positions.

burr

State Vice-Captain
No one made very difficult catches look so effortless as the one and only M. Waugh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think anyone playing he circle big bash would qualify for their country. Honestly, fielding standards have been so bad this year.