• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW50 - No.40-31

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Any reason?
I've always thought that Pollock was the more consistent bowler and his performances helped South Africa more times than Donald's.

Given the pace of Donald's bowling, if he batted as good as Pollock, I think Donald would be classed as one of the top 3 or so all rounders of all time.

The difference in the bowling is so minimal that as an overall package it's Pollock for mine and I was happy because I thought Pollock might be a little under rated.

I didn't pick either in my 25 though :)

bagapath

International Captain
excellent list. none seemed out of place. I hope at least 20 of my top 25 make it to the final list

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Didn't put in Border, Waugh or Ponting in my top 25. Had G Chappell in there though.

Had Shaun and Kapil in my 25, at 14 and 18 respectively. Really enjoying this thread though, and I think it speaks pretty well so far, think the list looks pretty good.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd be shattered if Graeme werent' on there. Have loved him every since reading about his 145 against England on a greentop.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had Graeme pretty high.

Holding and Waqar were both on my list- would have loved to fit in Waqar a bit higher but it's so hard to make room...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Who were the other two? Guessing Waugh was one.
Was Waugh, and Kapil Dev was the other. I thought Dev had been one of four players I just couldn't cram in in the end. Think he was a late change that I'm glad I made.

Kapil was a great all rounder and got extra ratings from me for being the first truly great fast bowler in his country, but more importantly for his status in the game, the WC, his longevity and all the jazz. A 'great' cricketer in my sense of the term.

Quaggas

State Captain
I'd be shattered if Graeme werent' on there. Have loved him every since reading about his 145 against England on a greentop.
+1, though I only ever saw him playing for Transvaal toward the end of his career. 100% timing, a crisp, loud crack,then he'd sit back on his bat w/o needing to bother about running. It just seemed that there was such a gulf between him and any other batsman on offer. Meanwhile Garth le Roux (or some such) glares and Pollock is majestically unperturbed....

chasingthedon

International Regular
Gutted that I forgot about Barry Richards - 4 Tests and he's still in the ICC hall of fame. I remember as a kid reading the county scorecards in the paper, marvelling that he seemed to hit a 50 every time he came to bat.

Great thread Sean, can't wait for the rest.

pasag

RTDAS
Didn't vote for any of the players ranked 31-50 though I'm kicking myself that I left out Larwood.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Waugh and Trueman are the first who made my list, I think.

Can't really argue with too many of the choices though. Good list so far.