• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can I still have my second go?

If yes - West Bromich Albion
Done. Right with Langers's nominations that gives us 60 teams. To these I'm adding Derby, Partick Thistle, Coventry & Hartlepool as they're supported by absent members rather than those who CBA.

The list in full:

Arsenal
Cambridge United
Colchester United
Wellington Phoenix
Mamelodi Sundowns
Doncaster Rovers
FC United
Sydney FC
PSV Eindhoven
MK Dons
FK Bodø/Glimt
FC St Pauli
Barcelona
Chelsea
Liverpool
Tottenham
Brentford
Rotherham
Manchester City
Sheffield United
Tranmere Rovers
Manchester United
Luton Town
Steaua Bucureşti
Aberdeen
Sporting Lisbon
Benfica
Exeter
West Ham United
Anderlecht
Bari
Cheltenham Town
Cork City
Aston Villa
Newcastle United
Melbourne Victory
Mansfield Town
Hannover 96
Accrington Stanley
Macclesfield Town
Morecambe
Queensland Roar
Villareal
Celtic
CFR Cluj
BATE Borisov
Ajax
Harland & Wolff Welders
BSC Young Boys
AFC Wimbledon
Cardiff City
Juventus
Werder Breman
Leeds United
Newcastle United Jets
Boca Juniors
Hallescher FC
Plymouth Argyle
Bloemfontein Celtic
Derby County
Partick Thistle
WBA
Hartlepool
Coventry City

I'll be running two battles per day & the 10 vote mercy kill rule will apply. I'm also banning fence sitting; there will be no abstaining: you have to have an opinion!! Any abstentions will null and void your other preference for the day.

Right, first out of the hat:

1. Sydney FC v 2. Luton Town

3. Derby County v 4. BATE Borisov

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It does indeed, so...why the need for it? Gets my goat, tis all, although I'm probs the only one.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm being pedantic I know, but it's what I do :sleep:

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Luton & Derby, do you vote, Brumby, or just cast deciding votes? Your reasons for voting tend to be quite interesting.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohhh, toughie first up a bunch of crims against a team that beat us this season. I think because of David Evans & Mike Newell, I'll go Sydney FC, even though I know precisely zilch about them.

Derby County because they've done little to offend me.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Sydney FC
4. BATE Borisov

Going to vote against all the English teams where possible unless I actually like them.

Indipper

State Regular
Luton, because Sydney FC are instantly disqualified for not being Sydney Croatia/United & Borisov because they are 'sponsored' by a tractor components factory.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Luton, Because of their Airport and it's against Sydney FC, no way could I vote for them!

FC BATE Borisov Respectable team who has managed to make the Champions League this year, while Derby were the LA Clippers of the 90s, a complete joke in the EPL 07-08.