• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW 50 - CricketWeb's view of the top 50 cricketers of all time

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that sounds like a good idea mate. Perhaps if it's a tie you could have a straight out battle between the players who are tied?

By the way, how many people have voted so far?
Actually, I like that idea a lot. Reckon that's got legs.

21 people have voted so far, and a total of 92 cricketers have been nominated for at least one vote.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone made everyones list? Would have assumed Bradman would have but unless Jayasuriya made his debut in 1928 then I guess no one had made every list.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmmmmmm I do wonder, could be a few people but would probably narrow it down to between two.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He is about 87 so that is fair enough I suppose.

No problem with only going with people you have seen really but surprised a few who made their debut before him did not make it into your list.
Actually, my post is a load of rubbish. There's a couple who debuted earlier than that who made it in.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sent. Very hard - there are five or so players I'm incredulous that I've left off my list and who could be in if I read over it again. A couple of players made it on their contribution to the game as icons or as human beings in addition to their fine playing records, possibly ahead of players who were in strict batting/bowling terms their equals or better.

Was please that I did this list separately yet of I compose an XI based upon the order of my list, it only has one player different from my general "All Time XI".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol, I posted my list and went over the top 11 and wondered how neat it was that i had a playing XI right there. Then it struck me that the reason it seemed so wonderfully balanced was because there was no keeper in there :ph34r: Had to edit Gilchrist in later.
I missed something? Where do I see your list mate? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

EDIT: Must learn to read through rest of the posts before replying.. Apologies. And man, you and I agree on 15.. :)

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Corrin did however continue the streak of everyone nominating someone who no one else yet had - we've had 99 cricketers so far receive at least one vote, looking forward to seeing who number 100 will be.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Sean, if you have the time and the inclination, a full breakdown of nominees (including those only nominated once) would make very interesting reading