• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW 50 - CricketWeb's view of the top 50 cricketers of all time

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Sean, I've left a message with mine - I have de-activated signatures so can't find your email.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have seen two players on GI Joe's list that made me think "WTF, how'd I forget him?!"

Cbf changing though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Have seen two players on GI Joe's list that made me think "WTF, how'd I forget him?!"

Cbf changing though.
Lol, I posted my list and went over the top 11 and wondered how neat it was that i had a playing XI right there. Then it struck me that the reason it seemed so wonderfully balanced was because there was no keeper in there :ph34r: Had to edit Gilchrist in later.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, I posted my list and went over the top 11 and wondered how neat it was that i had a playing XI right there. Then it struck me that the reason it seemed so wonderfully balanced was because there was no keeper in there :ph34r: Had to edit Gilchrist in later.
It is interesting to compare lists. Just saw your list and we have only 12-13 common players and 12-13 that only appear on our own list. Very interesting exercise.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will send my list when I can be arsed thinking about it. Probably have many players already in my mind, but maybe some older players may need to feature who I don't know much about.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
There's actually been fantastic diversity among the selections. Obviously there is a core group of the very elite that everyone - or nearly everyone - is voting for, but beyond that there are some really different and interesting selections.

I was concerned that so many people would pick the same basic group of cricketers that we might struggle to reach 50 names, but at this rate we'll have enough for a Top 100!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is interesting to compare lists. Just saw your list and we have only 12-13 common players and 12-13 that only appear on our own list. Very interesting exercise.
I have about 18 or 19 that are the same as GI Joe. Completely different order though!

bagapath

International Captain
You can only see mine because I committed a boo boo. :ph34r:
I am dumb. I don't know where to find it. Would love to take a look at it. So let me tell you something I haven't said since primary school "Show me yours; I will show you mine".

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I am dumb. I don't know where to find it. Would love to take a look at it. So let me tell you something I haven't said since primary school "Show me yours; I will show you mine".
Okay, you can look, but you can't touch :-O Its in the PM section on The Sean's CW profile page

bagapath

International Captain
Okay, you can look, but you can't touch
:laugh:

thx. looks quite different from mine. you have a lot more modern players on that than me. will wait for the whole process to get over before I get into should SRT and RP be so high on the list etc. etc.

Last edited: