• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swanny's video diary

Woodster

International Captain
Has anyone mastered the sprinkler ? I definitely lack the rhythm for this move. Bres and Colly look the masters to me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So long as he doesn't video what he and Broad do in private.

Then again, that's a matter for them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great fun and shows they are a happy camp.Be great if one of the bowlers used the sprinkler as a celebration when they got a wicket.:laugh:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Outstanding :lol:

Edit: I've been reflecting on this today. Quite apart from the quality of the video diary - and the sprinkler in particular - I really reckon it's an incredibly positive thing. The team has great people in it, and great staff around it - Saker, Mushy, Flower - and the spirit within the team seems excellent. And as for Swanny himself, this video gives an idea of the positive effect he has on the team. Can bat, can field, will be an enormously influential and positive team player - and is the best spinner in the world. I just can't believe our luck at his emergence.

Last edited:

simmy

International Regular
Thought the first diary entry was a little awkward, but the third was superb.

Adidas beard thing was just classic.

simmy

International Regular
Loving Swanny's diary. Makes me LOL every time.

Even the cheesy stuff with Jimmy in a towel.

Spark

Global Moderator
"I wholeheartedly apologise. Steven Finn, I am sorry you are the most boring man in international cricket"

:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man it's hard not to love the English team after watching these diaries. So good.

Swanneh though, wafg!

His crack about Mushy's beard being sponsored by Adidas, with the three grey stripes, made me laugh so much :laugh:!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hahaha I just watched part 7. LOL @ Swann paying out Channel 10's editing, and showing them how continuity in editing should be done.

Jimmeh btw, wag! :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha yeah I laughed when he held his fingers up

The bit where Anderson swaps with him for a moment is gold.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha yeah I laughed when he held his fingers up

The bit where Anderson swaps with him for a moment is gold.
The pair of them together are absolute gold, so many funny moments in diary 4. Jimmy mincing about in a towel and the bit where he rebukes Swann's accusation of having a boring diary in South Africa with a deadpan "there's nothing wrong with being interesting and informative" is gold.

Diary 5 where Swanny is searching for a replacement sidekick for Jimmeh is pretty funny. Particularly when he sneaks up on Finn doing his new hair in the toilet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think the most I got out of this Diary is just how funny Jimmy is. I always knew Swanny was hilarious, but throughout Jimmy was fantastic.

Loved it to bits. Such a fantastic idea to do this. The best thing about the internet is the connection to the fans. Great marketing for the team, the Ashes, ECB and the game in general.