• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2010

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Eight Points
TT Boy 4
Athlai 3
BoyBrumby 3
Samuel_Vimes 3
Simon 3
Social 3
Somerset 3
Ripper868 2
Voltman 2

Standings after Week Eight
Social 38
Somerset 38
Simon 37
TT Boy 36
Athlai 35
Samuel_Vimes 35
Ripper868 34
Voltman 34
BoyBrumby 32
HeathDavisSpeed 24

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Nine Fixtures
Chiefs vs Bulls
Highlanders vs Force
Blues vs Stormers
Crusaders vs Waratahs
Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Lions vs Reds

Byes for the Sharks and Hurricanes

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Went with the upsets and it nearly paid off. Stupid ref. :P

Chiefs vs Bulls
Highlanders vs Force
Blues vs Stormers
Crusaders vs Waratahs
Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Lions vs Reds

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bulls 43 (-1)
Waratahs 41 (+1)
Crusaders 41 (0)
Brumbies 41
Chiefs 40 (0)
Reds 37 (0)
Stormers 36 (-1)
Blues 34 (0)
Hurricanes 32 (-3)
Sharks 31 (0)
Highlanders 27 (-1)
Cheetahs 25 (-1)
Lions 22
Force 16 (0)

3 Australian sides in the top six. Perhaps putting a side in Melbourne wasn't so stupid. (Aside from the ridiculous level of competition.)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chiefs vs Bulls
Highlanders vs Force
Blues vs Stormers
Crusaders vs Waratahs
Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Lions vs Reds

ripper868

International Coach
Chiefs vs Bulls
Highlanders vs Force
Blues vs Stormers
Crusaders vs Waratahs
Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Lions vs Reds

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chiefs vs Bulls
Highlanders vs Force
Blues vs Stormers
Crusaders vs Waratahs
Brumbies vs Cheetahs
Lions vs Reds

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone really rate the Waratahs' chances this year? Flattered to deceive so often, and I'm no real expert on Super 14 or indeed rugby in general.

Would like to know what people on here think who know a bit about it. I have a family do sometime in the next week or so and it will dominate discussion, so I want to sound like I at least have some idea.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone really rate the Waratahs' chances this year? Flattered to deceive so often, and I'm no real expert on Super 14 or indeed rugby in general.
If both the Brumbies and Waratahs were at full strength, on paper I'd back the Brumbies to win 75% of the time irrespective of the Waratahs' top of the table position at the moment. So I don't even rate them as the best Australian team in the competition.

I also wouldn't bank on the Waratahs even making the semi finals at this point - they've got a tough draw to follow and still have to face the Crusaders and Chiefs away, the Brumbies and Hurricanes in Sydney, and contend with a bye. So far they've had one of the easiest draws - they've already faced the Lions, Cheetahs and Force as well as a below-par Sharks, stolen a victory against the Reds and beat an inconsistent Blues outfit, whilst losing their other two games.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Would like to know what people on here think who know a bit about it. I have a family do sometime in the next week or so and it will dominate discussion, so I want to sound like I at least have some idea.
The main reason to feel optimistic about them is that they've continued to win without playing consistently well

The main reason to feel pessimistic about them is that they won't win the thing unless they start to play consistently well and I still think the jury is out on the question as to whether they have the quality to do that

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go the Force:laugh:

Whilst they've played a lot of crap this year, they've also been a bit unlucky of late so were due a win

BTW, the ground they played at has to be about the most stunning venue in world sport

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Go the Force:laugh:

Whilst they've played a lot of crap this year, they've also been a bit unlucky of late so were due a win

BTW, the ground they played at has to be about the most stunning venue in world sport
Yup Queenstown is such a beautiful place. Surprised to see the Force win so easily - I didn't see the game but am wondering how much influence the return of Cameron Shephard had, with two tries and no doubt a wealth of experience.

Top win for the Bulls last night too, du Preez a stand-out. I guess the Chiefs could argue they'd lose their two best players (Sivivatu and Muliana) but I think they would've been beat anyway. Apparently its the Bulls' first ever win in Waikato so somewhat of a milestone.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Our worst performance in several years - and we've had a few to choose from.

Embarrassing - a lot of things have to change. The basic skills were quite simply sub-standard.