• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2010

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Geerally best kicker does the kickng - See John Eales for reference.

Backing Dagg to be carters kickng backup.
I agree that he was far more reliable than Cruden was in the Super 14 as far as goalkicking goes, though I don't think Dagg's quite ready to be called an international goal kicker just yet. In fact, in the last few seasons of Air New Zealand Cup and the 2009 Super 14 he barely did any goalkicking at all, leaving it for Matt Berquist. Also an issue of whether Dagg will actually be included in the 22 if Muliaina's fit and Jane's also named.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't do so bad considering I only watched 2 matches.
Goalkicking:

Country - South Africa 74.5 percent, Australia 73.5, New Zealand 68.4.

Teams - Sharks 79.3, Stormers 78.0, Waratahs 77.5, Brumbies 77.5, Bulls 75.2, Cheetahs 72.0, Crusaders 70.7, Reds 69.8, Force 69.3, Hurricanes 69.3, Blues 68.4, Highlanders 68.1, Chiefs 67.5, Lions 64.5.

Players (minimum 20 shots) - Matt Giteau (Brumbies) 83.6, Daniel Halangahu (Waratahs) 81.3, Peter Grant (Stormers) 80.8, Ruan Pienaar (Sharks) 78.7, Morne Steyn (Bulls) 76.3, James O'Conner (Force) 75.6, Israel Dagg (Highlanders) 75.6, Joe Pietersen (Stormers) 75.0

Other New Zealanders: Piri Weepu (Hurricanes) 73.7, Willie Ripia (Hurricanes) 72.4, Dan Carter (Crusaders) 71.2, Stephen Donald (Chiefs) 71.2, Stephen Brett (Blues) 68.4, Aaron Cruden (Hurricanes) 57.1.
Just found these stats interesting to note that Dagg beat Carter. Weepu looks pretty handy too. Cruden was pretty weak he needed Weepu to play otherwise the Hurricanes were giving away about 6 points a game in penalties missed.

ripper868

International Coach
Pretty sure Athers was referring to his tipping ability, not his goalkicking efforts for the season.

Cruden has shocking figures there, terrible really...must have only been kicking from within 5 of touch 40 out all season.

Not surprised to see Cooper not near the top, Reds really need a consistent Goal kicker (well aware he potted 1 to beat the highlanders in the last round, but yeah, reds giving away about 6-10 points a game through kicks imo

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good hit out tonight against Fiji for Australia ahead of their test matches against England and Ireland, and of course the Tri Nations. First half was pretty scrappy but I'd say they'll be the better for the match practice, particularly when their combinations clicked in the second half. Bit disappointed in some aspects of Fiji's game, particularly their 'star' player Caucau, but I guess its difficult to expect too much from a side with minimal time spent as a group. Impressive scrum though, had the better of Australia IMO.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good hit out tonight against Fiji for Australia ahead of their test matches against England and Ireland, and of course the Tri Nations. First half was pretty scrappy but I'd say they'll be the better for the match practice, particularly when their combinations clicked in the second half. Bit disappointed in some aspects of Fiji's game, particularly their 'star' player Caucau, but I guess its difficult to expect too much from a side with minimal time spent as a group. Impressive scrum though, had the better of Australia IMO.
He is bigger than most props. What a waste, he was unbelievable in the 2003 WC and for the Blues.

Good win for the ragtag Bok side yesterday. Were poor at the start and the end but they know how to win. Impressed with Louw and Aplon.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with your comments regarding Caucau, TT Boy.

All Black side for the first test against Ireland named a few hours ago:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Benson Stanley, Joe Rokocoko, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerome Kaino, Anthony Boric, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks.

Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, Neemia Tialata, Sam Whitelock, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Zac Guildford.
Dagg, Stanley and Ben Franks all debut, with Sam Whitelock (what a rapid rise hes had to the top level), Vito and Cruden on the bench also without a cap to their name.

ripper868

International Coach
Watching the BaaBaas vs England feed on foxsports at the moment, O'Connor with a double already, Baas 15 9O'Connor 2, con, Barnes Pen- England 6 (2 pens) 25 gone

EDIT: O'Connor got all the points sorry, Now leads England 25-13 10 into the second half.

Have to laugh at some of the comments...the live feed has no commentary and people are whinging about it, eg.

"where is the commentary????/? I'm gonna find a feed with commentary!!!11!"
"Fox is so cheap, they should at least have commentators or broadcast it on proper TV!!" Yeah mate...a free video stream is pretty cheap.

Last edited: