• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2010

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our worst performance in several years - and we've had a few to choose from.

Embarrassing - a lot of things have to change. The basic skills were quite simply sub-standard.

I thought the Highlanders skill levels were pretty average the week before but they played with a bit of spirit

This week, they came up against a team with similar skill level to their own but maybe were a bit more desperate

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saders got he benefit of the doubt with the contentious decisions for the second game running but tbf probably just about deserved to edge it

IMO, this game didnt answer too many questions about the Waratah's potential to go a long way in the comp but it's difficult to imagine them doing much when their halves are playing so badly

Blues - horrible

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Nine Points
Athlai 5
BoyBrumby 4
Ripper868 4
Samuel_Vimes 4
Social 4
Somerset 4
Voltman 4
Simon 3
TT Boy 3

Standings after Week Nine
Social 42
Somerset 42
Athlai 40
Simon 40
Samuel_Vimes 39
TT Boy 39
Ripper868 38
Voltman 38
BoyBrumby 36
HeathDavisSpeed 24

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Ten Fixtures
Chiefs vs Stormers
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Blues vs Force
Crusaders vs Cheetahs
Reds vs Bulls
Lions vs Sharks

Waratahs and Highlanders the last two teams to have their byes.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Chiefs vs Stormers
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Blues vs Force
Crusaders vs Cheetahs
Reds vs Bulls
Lions vs Sharks

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Week Ten Fixtures
Chiefs vs Stormers
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Blues vs Force
Crusaders vs Cheetahs
Reds vs Bulls
Lions vs Sharks

ripper868

International Coach
Chiefs vs Stormers
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Blues vs Force
Crusaders vs Cheetahs
Reds vs Bulls
Lions vs Sharks

Athlai

Not Terrible
Chiefs vs Stormers
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Blues vs Force
Crusaders vs Cheetahs
Reds vs Bulls
Lions vs Sharks

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely outstanding performance from the Stormers tonight and quite frankly they demolished the Chiefs. Without three of their All Blacks the Chiefs weren't at full strength again (Muliana, Sivivatu, de Malmanche) but I doubt it would've had much of an impact. Burger, Bekker, Fourie, Grant, Habana, Liebenberg, Vermuelen all particularly brilliant. Habana's try (and the lead-up top it) must rate as one of the best in the competition. Put it this way, I can't remember a more comprehensive display from a South African side in New Zealand in all the matches I've watched in this competition over the years.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have put $5 on the Hurricanes.

I am not impressed by the TAB web site's activity report seems to only go back for a month. I want to see all my bets since the beginning of time.

I sent them an email once with such a request. They said they would feed it through to the higher ups.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I have put $5 on the Hurricanes.
Good bet that turned out to be, well done. The way the first 20 minutes went I'm surprised they won by such a margin in the end - I put it down to the Brumbies being woefully off the pace just as much as the Hurricanes hanging on despite having few opportunities to score points.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Who's that Number 10 for the Hurricanes? Never heard of him before. Absolutely woeful kicking, passing, and general play display from him I thought. Luckily though, the Brumbies were shocking in everything they did.

Going into the RWC next year, quite concerned at our lack of depth.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Who's that Number 10 for the Hurricanes? Never heard of him before. Absolutely woeful kicking, passing, and general play display from him I thought. Luckily though, the Brumbies were shocking in everything they did.
Aaron Cruden, wasn't it? Thought he was a decent talent when I saw him for Manawatu in the ANZ (which is obviously a different level, but basic skills one should be able to spot - and they didn't finish last as usual, so he must have something going for him)