• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Yeah your (or the ECBs) 'opinion' wasn't the problem.
I didn't express any opinion though except I find it inconceivable how somebody homosexual could support a franchise involving Stokes or Hales in light of, to put it most transparently,

(And I think this is how the ECB will see things).

You are perfectly entitled to refute this point but I hardly think it is grounds to be banned!!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And yet the two gay lads are all over the news now saying how grateful they are for Stokes' and Hales' intervention

S.Kennedy

And yet the two gay lads are all over the news now saying how grateful they are for Stokes' and Hales' intervention
True.

The cctv footage looks far from benign - there is a moment Hales goes up to Stokes and stops him saying stuff, and this is corroborated by the bouncer who says a torrent of homophobic abuse took place.

The homosexuals say differently, and said different even before the trial. They say it was just ''banter''.

So you basically have two accounts there.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I noticed George Dobell unsurprisingly tweeting that Stokes is a great role model for kids, both on and off the field.

S.Kennedy

Yup, a bit like he's the spokesman for special needs children like Katie Price's son.
If you had a child with disabilities would you see Stokes as a benevolent and attractive character to advertise cricket?

It is a fair point.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm simply trying to perceive how the ECB will see things in their overall (re)branding of English cricket. Stokes is the antithesis to where they see cricket heading.
I can see SK's point on this - I think Stokes needs to come out with a public statement that involves consuming a very large slice of humble pie

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I can see SK's point on this - I think Stokes needs to come out with a public statement that involves consuming a very large slice of humble pie
Yup. Including an acknowledgement that there need to be some fairly substantial life-style choices.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Or else what ?

The public have had their pound of flesh.

He went thru the wringer and kept silent all this time, whilst social media went berserk with their own self-proclaimed pre and post-judgements.

The case is over. Time to move on.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
So Stokes has just spent a week trying to explain how is actions are just. I can just see him coming out with a fake apology while reading from a script not written by himself.