• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
fmd how are you not banned
What have I said that is wrong?

I'm merely paraphrasing the ECB's own task force. This is their own statements - as the saying goes, don't shoot the messenger.

Heck, I don't necessarily want a political correct rearrangement of cricket. I don't want the 100, but, there it is!

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Can't believe Kennedy has sledger on ignore. Missing out on half the fun of the forum imo.
Every time I say something, however innocuous - It could be, say, ''that was a good shot from Root'' - I merely receive a sarcastic reply. I cannot be bothered with someone like that to be quite frank.

I only have two people on ignore, both (I believe) English and both ignored for exactly the same reason. They both follow me around the place for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Kai Barry : " When I realised who he was, I thought, fair play, because he's obviously put his career at risk for someone that he never knew. I'd say thanks for being there, and sorry for all the drama I've landed you in."
Yet,

Cigarette,

You can construe the following however you want yet I know what I see,

S.Kennedy

I'd like to know what is wrong with this post,

I'll pose this question to you. The ECB deem cricket ''too boozy, too male and too white''. They are creating a political correct variant of cricket called the 100 which will aim to attract ''mums and kids'' and ethnic minorities - I suppose homosexuals are included. Now if Ben Stokes (or Alex Hales) is playing for that cricket team there is no way a homosexual could support that cricket team following that CCTV footage.
that is banable?

It merely paraphrases the ECB themselves,

BBC News | Cricket | ECB war against racism
Rainbow Laces: ECB and Sky Sports support LGBT equality campaign | Cricket News | Sky Sports
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ted-marketing-and-patronising-women-nhm3ljzbw

There is also an article in the current Wisden by Tom Harrison which waxes lyrically about ''sales of coffee'' at the Women's World Cup Final (as opposed to sales of beer). I elude also to that.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

You were quoting an article from 1999 and one from August 2017? Wow you really do your research.
Jesus, this bloody place!

I can literally pull up about a hundred articles from the last few years about the ECB wanting to make cricket more appealing to minorities, women, etc.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Alright, I'm wrong. The ECB's last coordinated task forces, the 100, aggrandizing of the female game, South Asian Action Plan, marching at Gay Pride, etc etc didn't happen. What the ECB actually want is for cricket to be ''more white, more middle class and boozier''. Stokes and Hales will be the ideal role models. Forget everything I said.

S.Kennedy

I don't think I'll have New Zealand as my ''second team'' any longer after that person wanted me banned! I'm livid.

wtf, I hate the ECB now
A lot of them are good initiatives. I never commented on their credibility (or otherwise), merely their existence and current ECB thinking.

Bolo

State Captain
What have I said that is wrong?

I'm merely paraphrasing the ECB's own task force. This is their own statements - as the saying goes, don't shoot the messenger.

Heck, I don't necessarily want a political correct rearrangement of cricket. I don't want the 100, but, there it is!
Internet tendency towards lumping comments into paradigms. The idea behind the comment is offensive. People get triggered because it is offensive. They respond to the offence, not the message of the comment. It no longer matters what you are saying, because people are ignoring what you are saying. You are now the bad guy.

S.Kennedy

Maybe NZTailender thought I was saying that I don't agree with the proposals to make cricket more inclusive?

I was merely reporting how it is, and how the ECB will see it.

S.Kennedy

The Times (Legside Lizzy) said exactly what I said. Date of article (because Athlai is keen on these details): yesterday,

The England and Wales Cricket Board faces a tricky dilemma. It does not want to have to babysit its players and stop them from relaxing, drinking or going out. But it is trying to promote cricket to new audiences of women and children and top players being out drunk and getting into fights is not going to help them do that.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9f36fe3e-9fc7-11e8-9371-eed14903bc84

If what I said was bannable this should be sufficiently offensive also - for reasons of consistency.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

I've stuck him on block also. I'm angrier than Ben Stokes after five jagermeisters. I have also relegated New Zealand to the bottom of my test teams with all the swiftness of ***** moving around his international preferences.

Bolo

State Captain
Maybe NZTailender thought I was saying that I don't agree with the proposals to make cricket more inclusive?

I was merely reporting how it is, and how the ECB will see it.
Likely. Could be the reverse. Hard to judge on how a comment is being misinterpreted.

What you were saying was clear enough. Toys get thrown when there is offence to be had though, and I think he's missing the point that you were expressing an opinion other than your own for this reason. No need to defend it anymore through articles. People either get this or they don't.