• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Harmison

Steve Harmison for the first Test?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
First Test, yes or no. I'm going to go with a very tough no. He has looked in good nick, but given Flintoff's batting form, I don't think you can drop Broad, nor can you drop Onions as Harmison may have outperformed him in this game but Onions has outperformed him for the majority of the rest of the season for Durham.

However, he has the wool over Hughes and is gettin some pretty dangerous swing when he pitches it up. His lack of stamina noted, he seems to be more dangerous when he's tired and pitches it up, as shown by beating Lee and Hussey for lack of pace, as well as swing.

Your views?

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
In for Broad.
Sidebottom in for Onions aswell.

Hughes is a quality player of inswing bowling, as was proven in South Africa where Dale Steyn's inswinger didn't seem to cause him any problems. Broad won't trouble Hughes, so you're better off trying to bounce him out Hughes with Harmison.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe I voted yes, but I did.

I feel like a man who's just had ***ual thoughts about his own sister

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, not for the match at Glamorgan, pitch won't suit him. Would consider it later in the summer though.....

Last edited:

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
In for Broad.
Sidebottom in for Onions aswell.

Hughes is a quality player of inswing bowling, as was proven in South Africa where Dale Steyn's inswinger didn't seem to cause him any problems. Broad won't trouble Hughes, so you're better off trying to bounce him out Hughes with Harmison.
We are better off in trying Jimmy & Sidebottom (new-ball bowlers) to get rid of Hughes.

We want to get rid of Hughes before Broad comes on to bowl.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
harmis bowling brilliantly and got a number on hughes who was scoring centurys before he met harmison.
broad is a very good batsmen also but he hasn't been astronimical at bowling this year. harmi also has vital experience, unleash him! the aussies are scared of him.

darren gough said it himself.

why can't we get rid of the spinners? allegedly 2 spinners? that way we can keep most of our quality bowlers. you didn't give us a poll option to replace him over a spinner?

grecian

Darren Gough works for Talksport now. So he has a quota of stupid things to say each day to fit in with the rest of the brain-dead presenters and he's doing wonderfully well so far.

It's going to turn at Sophia Gardens, so not picking any spinner would be close to madness, unless your spinner is Hauritz that is:)

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Expecting him to play later in the series & replicate what he did vs SA, @ the Oval last year.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain

Darren Gough works for Talksport now. So he has a quota of stupid things to say each day to fit in with the rest of the brain-dead presenters and he's doing wonderfully well so far.

It's going to turn at Sophia Gardens, so not picking any spinner would be close to madness, unless your spinner is Hauritz that is:)
darren gough speaks his own mind. he has no written script that he has to keep to. he's free to say whatever he wants.

fredfertang

After all the hype about him anyone who has the Indian sign on Hughes should be in - definite yes for me and I don't even have a sister

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
He'll probably be selected for the 4th Test after Australia's leading 3-0 and Hughes has 3 centuries under his belt and then the series will end up finishing as a 3-2 result.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I voted yes they should, on the grounds that I placed a bet on Australia to win the series yesterday.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No.

He has proven time and again that he is not good enough for England. Match figures of 0/20 in this tour game wouldn't change my opinion.