• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is it every time we play these ****ing ovine bothering nobodies we have to hand them penalty after penalty after penalty.

Scaly piscine

How the **** did they get away with that line-up? He threw it a yard behind his own side and England still nearly pinched it. Not straight surely.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
At least I missed most of this. Seeing one of our no-hopers drop a ball 5 minutes in to lead to Wales' first score pretty much set the tone, but I didn't expect to see 30 points on the board when I switched it back on. Sounds like we've been completely outclassed. And it sounds like Lancaster still has a massive job to sort out the ****e attitude that's still at the heart of English rugger.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Walsh was terribad, but we were worse.

Having a back three with no pace came home to roost big time. & Robshaw? Foxtrot Oscar. Not a test #7's arsehole. Fat tongued Quin charlie.

Kudos to the Leekists; better team won.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Love Six Nations weekends.

Think yer Leekists will dismantle the plucky Eyeties.

Hope springs eternal and all that tho.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Love Six Nations weekends.

Think yer Leekists will dismantle the plucky Eyeties.

Hope springs eternal and all that tho.
Until we discover that they can't make a tackle when trying to defend a lead in the last five minutes. Lazy tossers will get what they deserve if that's the best they can manage. Village green stuff. A decent team would have put the bloke with the ball in Row Z. All talk and trousers, yet again.

Last edited:

grecian

I turned on coz even though I dislike rugby it seemed a close finish, and there was nothing else on. Was quite annoyed about the comms talking about a good performance though,winning is a good performance surrendering a lead in the last few minutes isn't IMHO.

Mind you I know FA about Rugger, so ho-hum.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I turned on coz even though I dislike rugby it seemed a close finish, and there was nothing else on. Was quite annoyed about the comms talking about a good performance though,winning is a good performance surrendering a lead in the last few minutes isn't IMHO.

Mind you I know FA about Rugger, so ho-hum.
Worst thing is watching it with wife and kids before something else is on and having to explain that it won't actually be a draw after France scored that try between the posts in the last minute. And obviously it's better that I vent on CW than in front of the children. England always do this, don't they. You know deep down our default level is cod ordinary, but occasionally they perform so you watch them, and then reality kicks in.

btw what's with your latest avatar?

grecian

Worst thing is watching it with wife and kids before something else is on and having to explain that it won't actually be a draw after France scored that try between the posts in the last minute. And obviously it's better that I vent on CW than in front of the children. England always do this, don't they. You know deep down our default level is cod ordinary, but occasionally they perform so you watch them, and then reality kicks in.

btw what's with your latest avatar?
It's the English Sporting disease, as Brumbers has pointed out before, we never can maintain excellence whenever we grasp it, it just seems transient in the extreme.

Steve Jones of the Pistols with Johnny Rotten. I watched yet another Doc about the 'Pistols only real album, and like all of them they had top-line producers saying how brilliant Jones was, and how he somewhat inadvertently created the sound that influenced so many. Particularly ironic as all the discredited talk was that they had to wheel in session musicians to play on the album, Spedding and Batt. Obviously that was all hyped up by Maclaren who wanted it known that the Pistols couldn't play, and he was the architect of everything.

Steve Jones is about my musical hero, and both him and Paul Cook played for years as session musicians themselves after, I think Cook still might be. Jones DJs and says great things on Twitter

Scaly piscine

Feel like quoting myself. Just how the **** can they be so useless at scrums? It's embarrassing. It was a relief when we had the put in and only gave a free kick away.

Needless to say it was about a clinical performance as a Tim Henman display in a Wimbledon semi-final. Game was on a plate, they found a way to lose.

Last edited: