• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar's book "Controversially Yours"

Xuhaib

International Coach
with age catching up with Sarfraz Nawaz and Javed Miandad it seems Pakistan has found very natural replacements in the shape of Afridi and Akhtar as the ex cricketers with a "Verbal diarrhea " disease. Aamer Sohail is till youngish so i guess we are in no hurry to find his natural successor.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently he Afridi has tried to go back on his statement and deny it. Just like his retirements then.....

salman85

International Debutant
Afridi has not gone back on any statement.All he has clarified is that he did not question Tendulkar's greatness and is only talking about one incident.Just like Shoaib mentioned in his book.

But whatever helps oh-so-patriotic Pakistani fans and the media sleep ;)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Afridi has not gone back on any statement.All he has clarified is that he did not question Tendulkar's greatness and is only talking about one incident.Just like Shoaib mentioned in his book.

But whatever helps oh-so-patriotic Pakistani fans and the media sleep ;)
Ah well, that clears it all up and makes it all ok. Whatever helps the oh-so-adoring fan boys sleep. ;)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
with age catching up with Sarfraz Nawaz and Javed Miandad it seems Pakistan has found very natural replacements in the shape of Afridi and Akhtar as the ex cricketers with a "Verbal diarrhea " disease. Aamer Sohail is till youngish so i guess we are in no hurry to find his natural successor.
Basit Ali's name worthy of mention as one of the stalwarts of the game?

cricpk

U19 12th Man
A question came to my mind, i hope none minds, but why our indian friends get angry when anyone says anything against Tendulkar?

If Shastri for example says, Imran khan was not a good captian, i think i wont react because that is his right to say anything he wants. But i think Afridi or Shoaib or anyone else should not say anything which media can use for its own benefit & create problem.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
A question came to my mind, i hope none minds, but why our indian friends get angry when anyone says anything against Tendulkar?
That would depend a lot on who your Indian friends are. :)

I am an Indian (checked my passport again, to be sure :D), I can be your friend if you like and IMHO, objective criticism against any sportsman ought to be gauged on merit. No one is above being criticised. Same yardstick for Tendulkar or for Don Bradman or Daren Ganga.

cricpk

U19 12th Man

I am an Indian (checked my passport again, to be sure :D), I can be your friend if you like and IMHO, objective criticism against any sportsman ought to be gauged on merit. No one is above being criticised. Same yardstick for Tendulkar or for Don Bradman or Daren Ganga.
:)

smash84

The Tiger King

haha.....OSP WAG........definitely one of my Indian friends on the forum

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I find nothing so wrong in claiming that Tendulkar was 'scared' or his legs were shaking. Anyone who has followed his career knows he tends to be a nervous starters and he doesn't try to hide it either. In a tv show recently, the host was sending down slow lollies from 10 yards at Tendulkar who was showing the forward defence. Tendulkar said that he got butterflies in his stomach even facing him. That's that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I find nothing so wrong in claiming that Tendulkar was 'scared' or his legs were shaking. Anyone who has followed his career knows he tends to be a nervous starters and he doesn't try to hide it either. In a tv show recently, the host was sending down slow lollies from 10 yards at Tendulkar who was showing the forward defence. Tendulkar said that he got butterflies in his stomach even facing him. That's that.
yeah agree there is nothing in what Akhtar said unlike Gul he's not accusing Sachin just giving his point of view though Afretard jumping in needlessly to get his 5 seconds of fame is annoying.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Genuine question - has anyone actually ever seen a person IRL with legs trembling out of fear? I know I haven't.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but that is very different to being afraid of a particular bowler (who is saying it himself ), and his legs trembling out of fear of facing him.And not too forget the alleged remarks he made about Dravid. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and it is his personal opinions which you may or may not agree with. But have no doubt this has been given a little creative freedom to sell his book.:p

And ofcourse, the Media has latched onto it, exaggerated it further to make it a way bigger issue than it is, and played it right into his hands. While Afridi never to shy away from controversy has also gotten involved needlessly.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Out of this whole incident, Afridis statement is the funniest. We know Actor just wants publicity to sell his book, but why on earth did Afridi jump in. He really is living up to his name of Afretard.