• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne dead at 52

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Never knew he was part Polish.
He's talking about his grandfather here, who also died of a heart attack in his 50s.

20220313_132034.jpg

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Warne family want Great Southern stand to be re-named 'Shane Warne stand'.

I prefered 'S.K Warne Stand' to be honest. Made him sound like the legend that he was.

howardj

International Coach
I like what Robert Craddock, an Australian scribe, said on the day of Warne's death, namely it will be a smaller game here in Australia without him.

As to his craft....when he came of age in the Boxing day test in1992 against the Windies, Tony Greig who was on comms at the time, didn't even know what to call the delivery that got Richardson in the second innings. Very few knew it was a flipper because we hadn't seen a leg-spinner's array of deliveries on TV for so long. He made leg-spin, and slow bowling more generally, cool again.

It was a pleasure and a privilege to watch his entire, astonishing career.

Well played, Warnie.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally got round to watching Shane today, hadn't seen it before he died and couldn't face it since. Now it is 1 am and I have the 2005 ashes on as that is the only dvd I have of the great man in action. Boy he was good that summer.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
So the memorial service is tomorrow but God damned Will Smith and Chris Rock have hijacked everyone's attention!

TheJediBrah

Finally got round to watching Shane today, hadn't seen it before he died and couldn't face it since. Now it is 1 am and I have the 2005 ashes on as that is the only dvd I have of the great man in action. Boy he was good that summer.
Heh I only have DVDs of series that my team won too, srs

I only have 2 but still

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I only caught the end of the memorial service, and then got so caught up in it I forgot I was supposed to be teaching an online English lesson. Bit pissed off at the neighbours for cutting so many onions during it all too. By the time I got all the windows shut, I was gone.

Zinzan

Great moving & emotional send off for Warne last night.

Question for Aussies on the forum; Has any other previous public funeral/memorial for an Australian been as big an event?