• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What did he say? What did he say?
Sociopaths, autists and virgins. Which definitely covers 99% of this site.
No, but I think there's a kernel of truth to them both which makes them funny. Do you think both statements are completely wrong?

Autists, sociopaths, and maybe virgins are known for taking everything really literally and not seeing the humour in anything. That's why the Internet is full of them. Hence the kernel of truth in my posts.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be more to it than that. It specifies "discriminatory slur to insult another member." So who was the member? No one who posts on this forum strikes me as likely to be a virgin.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently an Exeter fan was um pinched, for pinching a WPC's bum at the Exeter-Plymouth match.

There's a fine line between daring and stupid I find.

OverratedSanity

Ignoring (and continuing to ignore) moderator instructions. Everyone was warned to cut out the silly insult-fest and he posted another insult. That post was deleted and he was given an infraction. He then decided to post the same thing again, and copped another infraction which led to his ban.
This is inaccurate and I request that this be edited. Thank you.

OverratedSanity

Ignoring (and continuing to ignore) moderator instructions. Everyone was warned to cut out the silly insult-fest and he posted another insult. That post was deleted and he was given an infraction. He then decided to post the same thing again, and copped another infraction which led to his ban.
This is inaccurate and I request that this be edited. Thank you.
Still haven't got a clarification on this.

OverratedSanity

What is it that is wrong with it?

Edit: Having just read the whole thing again, Fusion's explanation looks bang on to me.
I disagree that what I posted was an insult.

The thread was about eggs and I worded my post very carefully. It said

I don't like well done and neither do most people
Plainly, this referred to eggs of the well done variety. I even took care to not spell it like the poster weldone.

So no, not an insult.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Also, barely a few days after getting banned for "not following moderator instructions and continual disobedience" and apparently 'insulting' weldone, Pews posted this in reference to weldone:

> taking jokes way too seriously
> taking only semi-serious posts way too seriously
> taking banter way too seriously
> telling people what to do when you have no authority
> spelling "yeah" as "ya"
> refusing to accept Sami's greatness
> holding strange and boring grudges forever
> taking weird, almost disturbing joy in Cook's failures, apparently just because he talked up one of his own players too much once
> extending that irrational hatred of Cook to the whole England team
> getting in annoying feuds that are hard to moderate because the end result is a mess but the instigator is vague af
> using the most generic, meaningless insults in the world and thinking they're zingers
> baiting people and then reporting their posts when they reply
> reporting people for baiting, but then taking the bait and ruining threads anyway
> bringing up the fact that you recently moved to the UK at every possible opportunity (tbf you have stopped this one; many thanks!)
> constantly bringing up your old tiffs on CricSim that no-one cares about
> using way too many ellipses...
> posting
Now, don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off, and it was an awesome post. But this just tells me that it's ok to insult other members and stir **** up, but once a mod comes in and states the bleeding obvious (ie) don't insult anyone, then even the mildest of comments will be infracted. I get the logic, but it's also rather stupid.

cpr

International Coach
I disagree that what I posted was an insult.

The thread was about eggs and I worded my post very carefully. It said

Plainly, this referred to eggs of the well done variety. I even took care to not spell it like the poster weldone.

So no, not an insult.

You know in football they will extend the ban for spurious appeals?

but once a mod comes in and states the bleeding obvious (ie) don't insult anyone, then even the mildest of comments will be infracted.
Enforcement in upholding the rules shocker!