• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As I said to you via email, I think Fusion was wrong to say you got an infraction for insulting weldone. You wouldn't have been given an infraction under normal circumstances (ie. outside of a feud which had been warned against and outside of a thread that the mods weren't trying to prevent descending into a ****-slinging contest).

You were given the infraction for ignoring moderator instructions though. The infraction was completely justified but the explanation was inaccurate, which is why we've decided not to engage with 'ooo give us the goss!' questions in this thread from now on when the explanation is perfectly clear in the Ban Announcements thread.

OverrtatedSanity has been banned for one month for infraction points relating to lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members; ignoring moderator instructions; and continual disobedience.
.. with the 'insult' relating to a previous infraction.

So in case anyone really does actually care and thought OS a horrible person for insulting weldone -- he got the infraction for something else, and Fusion slightly misreported it.

~Move on~

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fusion was quite accurate. He said he ignored moderator instructions, carried on putting another insult and put it back when it was deleted by the mods.

Overratedsanity is not arguing against his banning. He is asking whether that was an insult or not. It was very much an insult though it wouldn't lead to actions stand alone obviously.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fusion was quite accurate. He said he ignored moderator instructions, carried on putting another insult and put it back when it was deleted by the mods.

Overratedsanity is not arguing against his banning. He is asking whether that was an insult or not. It was very much an insult though it wouldn't lead to actions stand alone obviously.
Saying you don't like someone is an extremely mild insult at best, but I think OS's gripe came mainly from the fact that Fusion in his capacity as a mod made it seem like he'd insulted weldone in the way we'd usually think of a insult infraction. What he said wouldn't have attracted moderator attention under normal circumstances.

Moreover, this:

Prince EWS said:
~Move on~

He'd liked my post and stopped replying; it'd been settled, so I suspect he just wanted a mod to publicly clear the air. No need to drag it on. I mean we're talking about the exact wording of posts made over a month ago ffs, and you weren't even involved in any capacity. Let it go, man.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Pews told us quite clearly to move on. Do not ignore mod instructions.

OverratedSanity

Saying you don't like someone is an extremely mild insult at best, but I think OS's gripe came mainly from the fact that Fusion in his capacity as a mod made it seem like he'd insulted weldone in the way we'd usually think of a insult infraction. What he said wouldn't have attracted moderator attention under normal circumstances.

Moreover, this:

He'd liked my post and stopped replying; it'd been settled, so I suspect he just wanted a mod to publicly clear the air. No need to drag it on. I mean we're talking about the exact wording of posts made over a month ago ffs, and you weren't even involved in any capacity. Let it go, man.
#thankyoupews

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In 2001 on my first Internet forum (2000 intentions, a guns n roses forum, obv) someone started a thread asking why Axl Rose and Kurt Cobain hated each other

I was a hundred post nobody until that thread. I replied saying it all came about because Axl and Kurt had a fight over the last scotch egg backstage at the MTV awards

Some strange folk bought it. Others got in on the act and before long we had a song that went 'eggs, eggs, ****ing eggs, I'd live to cut off Kurt Cobain's legs, he's a **** who steals eggs' and 'the egg was mine you damn well know it, just you wait the video will show it'

By the time the thread died down I was a legend at 2TI. In many ways it was the birth of the modern day GIMH persona.

Use eggs for good people. Not bans.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The only forum I received a ban on was a long since defunct Charlotte Church Forum. There was a competition running entitled "How tall is Charlotte?". At the time she was still growing so you couldn't really Ask Jeeves. For my entry I put "She's not as tall as Leo Sayer". I wasn't necessarily expecting first prize, but I thought the ban was a bit harsh.

cpr

International Coach
I'm presuming the ban was for being male and over the age of 16. Might've been for your own good.

As for 30 year old Miss Church... Well I think I'd kop a ban for the things I'm thinking...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Presumably the lack of an announcement means that its a single mod going off on a frolic of his own and banning some poor sap for no good reason

............... oh hang on it's Shri - there's probably another explanation

OverratedSanity

He got banned for something then used a multi to post while he was banned and then got a longer ban because of it I think.

Burgey

TumTumIsRight was banned before making a post. Curse this Politically Correct nonsense.