• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Selector: Dream ODI XI

Himannv

International Coach
i would have loved to have hadlee in place of mcgrath; same class of bowling but 20 odd runs more as a batsman.
Disagree to an extent. On bowling alone I'd say McGrath is better than Hadlee. Not too many can match the guy.

bagapath

International Captain
The team so far

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Michael Bevan
---
---
Wasim Akram
Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Glen McGrath

bagapath

International Captain
the voting has been brisk. about 60 votes have come in already for all the polls. looks like the leaders in each poll will get into the team easily. not much confusion in any of the polls.

the last TWO players can be chosen in this poll:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46466-dream-odi-xi-choose-last-two-players.html

besides the brisk voting, my work is getting tighter from tomorrow. so wrapping up this thread as quickly as I can. will be stopping this the extra marital affair I am having with CW, for a few months

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the voting has been brisk. about 60 votes have come in already for all the polls. looks like the leaders in each poll will get into the team easily. not much confusion in any of the polls.

the last TWO players can be chosen in this poll:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46466-dream-odi-xi-choose-last-two-players.html

besides the brisk voting, my work is getting tighter from tomorrow. so wrapping up this thread as quickly as I can. will be stopping this the extra marital affair I am having with CW, for a few months
That's a shame, you're a top poster.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Regardless of who gets in in the final poll (and it's looking pretty certain it will be Kluesener and Pollock or Symonds), this is a pretty kick-ass team.

bagapath

International Captain
That's a shame, you're a top poster.
thank mate. that is very kind of you.

As per current standings in the last poll, this is the team CW has selected to represent them in ODIs

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Glen McGrath

12th man: Shaun Pollock
If the last few votes go Pollock's way please someone change the team accordingly. See you all after my shoot schedule in a few months.

Remember:
Kallis is boring.
Lara > Sachin > Ponting

:)

Cheers

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My Dream XI (as I chose in the polls)

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
2. Nathan Astle
3. Aravinda de Silva
4. Paul Collingwood
5. Michael Bevan
6. Chris Cairns
7. Imran Khan
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Wasim Akram
10. Muttiah Muralitharan
11. Joel Garner

Since Gilchrist was the popular choice there wasn't a WK poll...so would replace Cairns or Imran with Dhoni.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nah, make Colly keep!

My team:

Knight
Trescothick
Dravid (c) (wk)
Fairbrother
Hooper
Collingwood
Oram
Razzaq
Gul
Morrison
Chatfield

Surely the worst 11 selected?

Spark

Global Moderator

As per current standings in the last poll, this is the team CW has selected to represent them in ODIs

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Glen McGrath

If the last few votes go Pollock's way please someone change the team accordingly. See you all after my shoot schedule in a few months.

Remember:
Kallis is boring.
Lara > Sachin > Ponting

Cheers
Something about the order doesn't look right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Glen McGrath

Remember:
Kallis is boring.
Lara > Sachin > Ponting

Cheers
can't u even login now and then from ur laptops when u r in hotel or something?

I would have thought it wud be a nice distraction during hectic shooting times. :)

Fusion

Global Moderator

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Muralitharan
Joel Garner
Glen McGrath
Replace Symonds with Imran and that's a perfect team. :)

bagapath

International Captain
can't u even login now and then from ur laptops when u r in hotel or something?

I would have thought it wud be a nice distraction during hectic shooting times. :)
haha. the shoot might become a distraction from CW if I get into an argument with ikki on ponting vs sachin or oreilly vs warne. :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think this is exactly the team I voted for, or at least very close to it. It's pretty much as good as it can get, I reckon. Top quality batsmen down to number 7, while Wasim's obviously no mug. The bowling the strongest suit though, with 4 absolutely top class bowlers, and Klusener and Symonds to fill in the rest. Really happy with it, the only weak link being that numbers 9-11 are all pretty terrible with the bat, but I couldn't really see teams getting that many wickets, and I'd back the bowlers to defend pretty much any total anyway.

Ponting to captain as well, obvs.