• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick the next Aussie coach

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hear Australia wants to learn from NZ and NZers aren't too fond of Hesson..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Dravid will be keen. He declined to be considered for Indian National team coach (the advisory committee of Tendulkar-Ganguly-Laxman wanted Dravid as coach). He likes to mould young raw talent rather than playing politics with grown-ups.

Zinzan

I have written to CA and formally applied for the gig.
Sorry they're looking for folks with a bit of humanity moving forward, not thugs. Your chance would have been about the time they first appointed Lehmann. ;)

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I hear Australia wants to learn from NZ and NZers aren't too fond of Hesson..
we bitch and moan about him but tbh he's made some really good calls which very few of us backed. He needs to give up T20 and possibly ODIs, but worth keeping as Test coach.

Zinzan

we bitch and moan about him but tbh he's made some really good calls which very few of us backed. He needs to give up T20 and possibly ODIs, but worth keeping as Test coach.
Yeah, agree with this. I'd like a Fleming, Vettori or even McCullum (although it might be a bit early for him) to take the T20 side, and possibly even the 50 over one.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gillespie would be so great.

I cannot stand Langer. And I don't understand why it's assumed he'll be next in line. What's he actually done?

Zinzan

I cannot stand Langer. And I don't understand why it's assumed he'll be next in line. What's he actually done?
I'd totally forgotten Gillespie. Has done well with Yorkshire from all reports, & most importantly seems to have created a good culture.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Has done an alright job transforming WA from a steaming sh**pile and has earned plaudits for investing in the youth over there.

flibbertyjibber

Has done an alright job transforming WA from a steaming sh**pile and has earned plaudits for investing in the youth over there.
Gillespie invested in the youth at Yorkshire and won a title. Huge loss for us and wish we still had him. He'd be a brilliant coach for Australia.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gillespie invested in the youth at Yorkshire and won a title. Huge loss for us and wish we still had him. He'd be a brilliant coach for Australia.
I have no doubt, I would love having Gillespie, Ponting, hell poach Ravi Shastri for unlimited money as long as its not Langer. With Langer it'll just be same old same old but with his own species of personal venom.