• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick one cricketer....

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would agree with all of that, and note:

Still being very unreliable in one-day cricket.
A knack of pissing off other countries' fans.
The one day cricket is perfect. They definitely have potential in one day cricket, just don't perform consistently.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Congratulations, you have just managed to fit every NZ cliche drawn from the 1970s into one post, with the possible exception of team spirit.

:p
They may be cliches, but they're also truths unfortunately. Doesn't stop them from being irritating as ****.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
thought that there would be at least one person on here old enough to get the alfred e neumann starting ref. am relieved.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Brian McMillan summed up the 90s South Africans in many ways.

Could bowl quick, bat with more application than skill, had great hands at slip and was a tough competitor. Many South Africans of that generation had such all-round skill and were wonderful test players. The obduracy in BigMac's batting and scoring rate was also quintessentially post-apartheid South African.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I, as a Czech would need a guy who plays for a country he was not born in, doesnt speak its language, is slightly fat, has fielding issues and is almost 40 :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia : Ian Chappell
- A typical Aussie for me. Blunt and forthright to the extent of appearing rude. Loves the sound of his voice but is never boring. Fiesty, competitive, tough as nails. Can be genuinely generous towards opponents and still be opinionated.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
...who sums up your/a cricketing nation.

India-Virender Sehwag

A master of batting against spin bowling, and can bowl some decent spin himself when he gets thrown the ball. Spinners go to India to die, and no one in recent times can murder an offspinner like Sehwag can. Like many of his fellow countrymen, he can be found out on seam friendly pitches, but good luck to you if you have the misfortune to be bowling to him on his home turf.
Yeah pretty much. I'd say his belly is a characteristic of Indian players as well :p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
England - Ali Cook/James Anderson

Despite some amazing performances in the past year, people refuse to admit just how good they are.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson has been great over the 5 or so series of his but the way you keep going on about him means he's dropped in my eyes, however that works :ph34r:

I'd like to find something bad to say about Cook but there isn't much besides the (very) weak argument that he's feasted on lesser bowling attacks.

Last edited: