• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh God Almighty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, was a lovely chap. Never understood the gimmick change. He was fairly over most of the way through.
Yeah crazy booking to turn him heel in such a confusing fashion. It wasn't a normal turn, often the crowd didn't know whether he was a good guy or not.

The feud with Sledger one to remember though. Up there with your Austin/Hart. Also similar in it was tough to know who was the heel.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah crazy booking to turn him heel in such a confusing fashion. It wasn't a normal turn, often the crowd didn't know whether he was a good guy or not.

The feud with Sledger one to remember though. Up there with your Austin/Hart. Also similar in it was tough to know who was the heel.
Was certainly a great feud, one woven into the tapestry of the CW Universe forever one feels. Regarding the role play I'd say sledger played the face with rather heelish overtones, very similar in style to Eddie during his heyday in the WWE. A lot of humour mixed with the odd swerve and the odd chair throws and low blows.

I don't believe we reached the technical heights that Bret and Austin did during their feud but was certainly action packed and continually entertaining.

I think Pratters was unfortunate in that he didn't have a strong stable that sledger did during their run. Played a lot of handicap which as a heel is incongruent with most known booking methodology. Hopefully once he regains his smile and comes back we can see him return as a full on "me against the world" face. Will mark out when his music hits once again. Riveting television though, all you can ask for.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Nah, reckon you guys have it all wrong.

Pratters was supposed to be the face and Sledger the heel, but the crowd turned on Pratters. Can't really fault the booking though, so I wonder what really caused all that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pratters banned?
Well **** me dead, ridiculous stuff.

Why don't the CC trolls get a ban, even if only for a couple of days, instead of those people who have the best of intentions for this board ie. Richard, Pratters?
Pratters has been banned for persistently baiting and trolling 2 users in particular, and repeatedly ignoring warnings from moderators, twice responding to warnings from moderators with abuse.

None of this thread was taken into consideration when Pratters' ban was discussed.

pasag

RTDAS
Will say though that the baiting and almost bullying from some older members here towards Pratters has been ridiculous over the past few months. Was coming from guys I really like as well which made it all the more disappointing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Will say though that the baiting and almost bullying from some older members here towards Pratters has been ridiculous over the past few months. Was coming from guys I really like as well which made it all the more disappointing.
I hope that is not directed at me because after he said he was going through some tough times, I barely responded to him. I don't know what to say.

I am against his banning but I think it will give him a much needed break from CW and I hope he comes back like the Old Pratters..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I definitely agree that Pratyush was seriously picked on in Off Topic. He did himself no favours, no doubt about that, but at times it was schoolyard stuff.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I definitely agree that Pratyush was seriously picked on in Off Topic. He did himself no favours, no doubt about that, but at times it was schoolyard stuff.
Strongly AWTA. It has been bizarre for me to see Pratters turn into as polarizing a figure on CW as Richard (for the sake of an example). Some of it was definitely Pratters’ fault. He almost seem to want the attention, but the attention he was getting was pure bullying in some regards. I hope he does come back and goes back to the more laid-back posting style of Pratyush. And I hope the anti-Pratters brigade moves on to other things.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
That's his third flounce at least. He's been posting copious amounts of nonsense for a while now and hopefully when he comes back he'll be more like the old Pratters.
Hard to argue with this. I like Pratters, but he's been very irrational recently. Hopefully that's only due to his personal issues that he's referred to and he'll come right - that is, if he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.