• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh God Almighty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Please help me to keep this thread from being closed. I just want a thread where I can cme and say something I think is worthwhile, which I think makes sense (to me it does and to others I hope). I promise I will never call anyone a troll, I will never accuse anyone of having an alias and I will give take care of the sensitivities of all moderators.

Please God, if some other people want to come to my thread and fight please make them go away before a moderator comes.

If a moderator does happen to come in the midst of an argument (not of my making) please make him tolerant enough to just talk the fighting men down. Please, please do not make him so upset that he closes the thread.

Everytime I want to post something on a thread that I feel is pertinent, I find it closed. It reminds me of my Aunt from Srinagar who would shut the kitchen door on me because she was upset with my cousin for breaking the plates.

Why do people come here to fight?

Okay maybe people will fight but.....Why do people not stop them from fighting?

Okay maybe they just wont listen but.....Why do people, if not able to stop them from fighting, not ask them to leave?

But why....oh why..., not able to stop them from breaking plates, aunts always shut the kitchen door and prevent those like me from using the refrigerator?

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
One simple answer.

Its a sports forum. Sports are about competition, and competition breeds arguments. Some people are just too childish to argue like adults.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Please help me to keep this thread from being closed. I just want a thread where I can cme and say something I think is worthwhile, which I think makes sense (to me it does and to others I hope). I promise I will never call anyone a troll, I will never accuse anyone of having an alias and I will give take care of the sensitivities of all moderators.

Please God, if some other people want to come to my thread and fight please make them go away before a moderator comes.

If a moderator does happen to come in the midst of an argument (not of my making) please make him tolerant enough to just talk the fighting men down. Please, please do not make him so upset that he closes the thread.

Everytime I want to post something on a thread that I feel is pertinent, I find it closed. It reminds me of my Aunt from Srinagar who would shut the kitchen door on me because she was upset with my cousin for breaking the plates.

Why do people come here to fight?

Why do people not stop them from fighting?

Why do people, if not able to stop them from fighting, ask them to leave?

Why, not able to stop them from breaking plates, aunts always shut the kitchen door?
A friend once told me fighting over the internet is like the special Olympics, both the winner and the loser is ******** anyway. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One simple answer.

Its a sports forum. Sports are about competition, and competition breeds arguments. Some people are just too childish to argue like adults.
That does not answer my question which was about aunts closing kitchen doors :dry:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That does not answer my question which was about aunts closing kitchen doors :dry:
Well neither the literal or metaphorical interpretations of the question are about cricket, so Cricket Chat probably wasn't the greatest choice. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well neither the literal or metaphorical interpretations of the question are about cricket, so Cricket Chat probably wasn't the greatest choice. :)
I promised I am not going to start a fight so I refuse to discuss this :sleep:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have absolutely no problem if you call me that if you can assure me that instead of you being banned someone will not chose to close this thread instead :blink:
Put in a word for me to become a mod and that assurance which you asked for is yours.:ph34r:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PS; And Oh God if you are just not able to do anything else at least make me a Global Moderator so that I can post in this thread even after it has been closed.... surely that's not an unreasonable request God ji...is it ???

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PS; And Oh God if you are just not able to do anything else at least make me a Global Moderator so that I can post in this thread even after it has been closed.... surely that's not an unreasonable request God ji...is it ???
Haha, silenstriker's post was pretty long and detailed; I dare say he started typing it before the thread was closed and hence didn't realise until after he'd posted it, if at all.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, silenstriker's post was pretty long and detailed; I dare say he started typing it before the thread was closed and hence didn't realise until after he'd posted it, if at all.
PPS Ok God ji, you dont even have to make me a Global Moderator. Just make sure any posts I start writing can go through closed doors...please.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a flipping excellent post. I'm glad he wrote it. People should read it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It was a flipping excellent post. I'm glad he wrote it. People should read it.
Oh God Almighty, please tell people that my posts, unwritten or banging their heads against closed doors were mighty "flipping excellent" posts too. :cry:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I know. Just think- if SS wasn't a mod that post never would have seen the light of day and the thread would forever have been remembered as yet another trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.