• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh God Almighty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm seriously not sure what fight Pratters is fighting anymore in this thread? Not like we can give Richard an extra week to make up for the one week's worth of time he's done. Unless we ban everyone else for a week and give him free reign on the site.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pratters, Richard wasn't banned for debating with moderators. All of you today in this thread have debated with us, and no-one will be banned for any opinions they have aired, provided of course that they aren't insulting to anyone personally.

What the moderating team doesn't want is for threads in Cricket Chat (or indeed, anywhere else) to be derailed into discussions on moderator policy. If in a thread, a poster is warned by the moderation team, that is the end of the matter in that thread. If anyone has questions or comments to make when a poster is warned in a thread, they are more than welcome to email the moderating team or start a thread here, in Site Discussion.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gingerfurball, tell me where this has been specifically told.

I debated your decision to threaten to warn me and those posts were not insulting but deleted and I was given a long email telling given my recent activities and arguments I had with you I would be banned if this continued. Those were breaking the rules as well according to you and thus I was warned.

Where has it been specified that you can't debate in the thread itself.

There was a similar incident two years ago. I bumped a few threads. I was warned. THEN the rule was created that bumping threads is not allowed. But that's past.

It is not fair to ban some one before a rule is clearly stated IMO as he is committing the fault not knowing he is committing the fault.

Actually, you are right, Richard WAS told several times not to argue in threads if I am not mistaken (I might be, I am not aware) and he continued so he was banned. Fair enough. I'll shut up.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Just out of interest (and I haven't followed extensively), what has Richard done that is that much worse than Pratters constantly complaining about everything? All I can pick up is constant complaining about moderating (and not from Richard) and just about everything else then claiming to be holier-than-thou when they abuse/accuse/cause trouble? Seems a bit inconsistent.

Sometimes I reckon Richard is an easier target than others to make a point with. Again, I apologise if I am out of line because I haven't seen all of it obviously and am happy to be corrected on what exactly has happened.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just out of interest (and I haven't followed extensively), what has Richard done that is that much worse than Pratters constantly complaining about everything? All I can pick up is constant complaining about moderating (and not from Richard) and just about everything else then claiming to be holier-than-thou when they abuse/accuse/cause trouble? Seems a bit inconsistent.

Sometimes I reckon Richard is an easier target than others to make a point with. Again, I apologise if I am out of line because I haven't seen all of it obviously and am happy to be corrected on what exactly has happened.
I am not doing what moderators are constantly telling me not to do, which appears to be Richard's mistake. Thinking moderating is stricter than usual is an opinion and one has the right to have it. I have even mentioned I am quite happy with the top job done by all the moderators almost always. :mellow:

EDIT- Also, I don't like to be on the accused like this. If you really want to complain about me, report or email a mod IMO.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
I am not doing what moderators are constantly telling me not to do, which appears to be Richard's mistake. Thinking moderating is stricter than usual is an opinion and one has the right to have it. I have even mentioned I am quite happy with the top job done by all the moderators almost always. :mellow:
And you see, this is my frustration. You are happy to attack the moderating, have a go at members, tell people off etc. and then as soon as you are pulled up on it, you sit back and claim how well behaved you are, how good the moderating is etc.

You can't have it both ways.

Andre

International Regular
EDIT- Also, I don't like to be on the accused like this. If you really want to complain about me, report or email a mod IMO.
Haha, and I bet Sir Alex was thrilled to be accused about being Precam or whoever he is in that public thread which you opened on it 2 days ago. Couldn't have reported that to a mod on the quiet?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There is no reason why if I think you are playing everyone else for fools I won't pick you up on it - much the same as you try and do for everyone else.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And you see, this is my frustration. You are happy to attack the moderating, have a go at members, tell people off etc. and then as soon as you are pulled up on it, you sit back and claim how well behaved you are, how good the moderating is etc.

You can't have it both ways.
In the past 10-15 days days I have been unhappy with moderating. Before that 99% of all my time on CW I have maintained the moderating has been top class

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haha, and I bet Sir Alex was thrilled to be accused about being Precam or whoever he is in that public thread which you opened on it 2 days ago. Couldn't have reported that to a mod on the quiet?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There is no reason why if I think you are playing everyone else for fools I won't pick you up on it - much the same as you try and do for everyone else.
That was my mistake. I have apologised for it already. What do you want? Beg me on my knees? Heh.

Andre

International Regular
That was my mistake. I have apologised for it already. What do you want? Beg me on my knees? Heh.
Yeah, but you know what? You've done it more than once to the bloke. Infact, it is almost fortnightly where the boring accusation comes up. But you keep thinking saying sorry fixes everything, but then your behaviour doesn't change.

Why bother apologising if you'll just keep doing the same thing?

Andre

International Regular
Welcome Back Andre, you should login more often.
Thanks mate :)

I log in and read threads nearly every day, just a very infrequent poster. Only post where I think I have something that might add value! So not that often :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.