• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought Vaughan would be cleared. Not because he necessarily didn’t do it, but the arguments from his lawyers seemed to at least plant enough doubt for them to not say it was conclusive, to my non-expert mind.

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Vaughan would be cleared. Not because he necessarily didn’t do it, but the arguments from his lawyers seemed to at least plant enough doubt for them to not say it was conclusive, to my non-expert mind.
Yeah that always did seem the weakest part of the whole ensemble "case" to me.

Needless to say my view of Bresnan as a person has cratered during this entire process. Not just because of the accusations themselves, if anything because of his conduct in the last 18 months as a result of them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I guess it depends what the burden of proof was set at. If it was "beyond a reasonable doubt" the decision was fair enough, however if it was on the balance of probabilities to my (also inexpert) way of thinking Mick has maybe been a slightly lucky boy.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah that always did seem the weakest part of the whole ensemble "case" to me.

Needless to say my view of Bresnan as a person has cratered during this entire process. Not just because of the accusations themselves, if anything because of his conduct in the last 18 months as a result of them.
Agreed, at least Hoggard and Vaughan have gone out of their way to speak to Rafiq and try to put things right. The others not so.

I seem to remember Swann always posting videos on twitter basically suggesting there wasn't a lot going on up top with regards to Bresnan.

I guess it depends what the burden of proof was set at. If it was "beyond a reasonable doubt" the decision was fair enough, however if it was on the balance of probabilities to my (also inexpert) way of thinking Mick has maybe been a slightly lucky boy.
It will be interesting to see if the BBC are willing to employ him again...

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It was the balance of probabilities.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The comments on Vaughan's apology tweet thread ?

Rafiq did all for money, to pay off his gambling debts etc..

Edit: not an apology tweet, just the statement he tweeted regarding the trial and decision

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Agreed, at least Hoggard and Vaughan have gone out of their way to speak to Rafiq and try to put things right. The others not so.

I seem to remember Swann always posting videos on twitter basically suggesting there wasn't a lot going on up top with regards to Bresnan.

It will be interesting to see if the BBC are willing to employ him again...
He'll get work in Oz anyway, won't he?

Duckster

Cricket Spectator
Good job we didn't have these sorts of investigations or Twitter/Facebook back in the early days. Imagine all the views of the Upper class colonial dinosaurs being public knowledge today, "I say that man, know your place, what!"

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
realistically of all people here i shouldn't be flubbing that but you're right lol

in defense of me ever since i started full time work i get tired at like half past nine
‘Of all people here’ in a thread that zaremba has posted in… :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The comments on Vaughan's apology tweet thread ?

Rafiq did all for money, to pay off his gambling debts etc..

Edit: not an apology tweet, just the statement he tweeted regarding the trial and decision
You should apologize for posting his tweets here, even in summary.