• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Vaughan has been defended by those two bastions of Journalistic integrity, Kelvin McKenzie and Piers Morgan, so that's proof he's as big a **** as it's possible to be.
when piers morgan leaves this mortal coil absolutely nothing of value will be lost. lowest of the low, racist, misogynistic piece of ****. there will be street parties on that glorious day.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
when piers morgan leaves this mortal coil absolutely nothing of value will be lost. lowest of the low, racist, misogynistic piece of ****. there will be street parties on that glorious day.
A bit like Johnson, I never know how much of Morgan's persona to believe. How much is real, how much is manufactured for an audience. But what's worse - an actual racist, misogynistic piece of **** or someone who grifts as one because it's lucrative?

Teja.

Global Moderator
The constant and sadistic racial abuse by Hoggard and Ballance in particular is shocking. It’s not the stray ‘non-PC’ political comment but rather chasing people around and racially abusing them constantly at the slightest hint of comfort or respite for the victim. I wouldn’t have lasted a week in a work environment like that without having a violent physical outburst and getting banned tbh. It’s really depressing that they to sacrifice their entire mental health to vultures like this to have a shot at succeeding in cricket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s not the stray ‘non-PC’ political comment
Yeah I thought this was your run of the mill casual racism disguised as banter but this stuff that's come out now is just horrific and makes me sick by just reading it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, and to think Yorkshire tried to waive it all away. Pricks. Deserve to be suspended for a year tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
For example, in the winter of 2017, I was extremely excited to have been given the opportunity to travel to play in Hong Kong with a number of high-profile players, and where Brian Lara would be my mentor. A teammate commented on this, saying how great it was but Tim responded with disdain and said in front of everyone, “it’s nothing, anyone can get a gig there (Hong Kong) it’s nothing”.
Well **** you Tim Bresnan, you're never getting a gig here after that

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was offered £105,000 I think it was to shut up. He's had numerous threats as recently as Friday, when someone came into his fish and chip shop and threatened to detonate a bomb.

- Skysports

Appaling, if true.
What the hell is going on in Yorkshire

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think we should take a moment just to reflect on what must be an absolutely massive amount of good old fashioned testicular fortitude Azeem has shown to have his day in court.

It would've been very easy (and seemingly quite lucrative) to take the money and sign an NDA, but happily he's clearly a young man with the courage of his convictions.

Such is the endemic nature of what he's revealed I find it hard to believe he's the only player to have suffered sustained racist abuse, so kudos to him.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Just brutal to watch the testimony. In the first few minutes he claims (paraphrasing) that Ballance's racism was well known in the England (not YCCC) dressing room and everyone who knew Ballance personally know about his trademark racial insults.

What the **** were the captain, coaches etc doing? :censored:

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Is it just me or is there almost complete silence from current English players in support of Rafiq apart from Root's weak statement?
Yeah this has stood out to me as well. Real radio silence from the most important people in English cricket right now.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Is it just me or is there almost complete silence from current English players in support of Rafiq apart from Root's weak statement?
Given that Bairstow's Test career has pretty stop-start and spans this period, he can't have been that out of the loop.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rashid did corroborate his story about Vaughan, but yeah, the silence from the majority is deafening, isn't it?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but do worry there's an element of glass houses about it.

At least a couple of the Ashes squad do have previous...