• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * WI & Eng tour of Australia

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yep

Same with Gooch

On the other hand, you have Michael Vaughan doing this.

tbh, watching it now, I have less sympathy than I did at the time. He had no idea which way the ball was going to spin when it bounced and India were completely within their rights to appeal. Vaughan's apparent puzzlement is just dim.

Now, let's see if I can find Sarfraz Nawaz dismissing Andrew Hilditch for throwing a completely dead ball back to him. Yup here it is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah no way was Vaughan in any danger of that bowling him tbh. Still looks a reflex action on his part though, which probably adds to the momentary drama. No surprise the Indians would appeal there. Whereas the Hilditch one is bog ordinary.

Then again, so was he.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
and let’s not have the Poms - a country whose media drove Princess Diana into an underpass, bugged the phone of a murdered teenager and continue to hound a woman of colour who had the temerity to marry the son of James Hewitt get on their high horse about media standards.
I'm engorged after reading this gorgeous sentence.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I agree Buttler is quite soft/gentle whatever, it really makes his Philander absolute tongue lashing that one time all the more perplexing. It was the most vicious one I've seen for some time on field

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Having watched a couple more angles, it's absolutely laughable that Buttler claims to have not seen it. He's literally right in front with the best view and raises his arms in question as it happens. I find it a bit weird to piece together that Buttler can come out and play as well as he did upfront but then seemingly lose his spine in the face of what was a really obvious obstruction

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe he didn't appeal out of embarrassment. Matty wade is like 5'5, 150lbs soaking wet, your big fast bowler getting pushed out of the way by him isn't something you want to advertise

Xix2565

International Debutant
Aka Buttler wants to pick and choose whenever it's convenient. Also don't get the warm-up game stuff, this still counts as a proper international series unlike the India vs WA XI stuff, unless you think Wade panics and screens pacers only in warm-ups.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe he didn't appeal out of embarrassment. Matty wade is like 5'5, 150lbs soaking wet, your big fast bowler getting pushed out of the way by him isn't something you want to advertise
Wood is the same size

He’s absolutely tiny