• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* UK off-season 2009/10

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope there's room in the team for Cross and Sanga but not Sutton and Sanga - Lancs should definitely be aiming for second spot now

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Sanga hmm...not sure if thats good enough to get me going to OT to watch a county game TBH. But he should help lancs do well i guess..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Haa, i dont hate county cricket i'm just & not going to fool myself about its quality, which in many areas is piss poor.

Sanga is not my type of player thats all. I honestly dont think there are much international stars that i'm longing to see play a 4-day game here. But i might still go to a T20 or something, especially if Flintoff is fit..

Jarquis

**** me, you're a hard man to please. Give me an opportunity to watch the worlds 3rd best batsman. Yes thankyou.

fredfertang

I won't be going to see him either ............................. thanks to Surrey and Sussex being in the bloody second division :ph34r:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I hope there's room in the team for Cross and Sanga but not Sutton and Sanga - Lancs should definitely be aiming for second spot now
Well all the noises seem to indicate Sanga being signed as a batsmen only, and i've heard certain murmurings about Cross starting the season in the FC side, with rumours of Sutton to retire at the end of the season to concentrate on his business.

Not sure whether i just dreamt all that though.

fredfertang

Excellent - let's hope its not a dream

At least Sanga will be able to take over the gauntlets when Cross comes on to bowl - I believe his little dobbers can be lethal

Pothas

I won't be going to see him either ............................. thanks to Surrey and Sussex being in the bloody second division :ph34r:
Sure you cannot make it to the Rose Bowl?

It is rather irritating Surrey being in the second division as they are the closest side to me now but might go see a few games of theres anyway this season

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well all the noises seem to indicate Sanga being signed as a batsmen only, and i've heard certain murmurings about Cross starting the season in the FC side, with rumours of Sutton to retire at the end of the season to concentrate on his business.

Not sure whether i just dreamt all that though.
If thats is proven to be true. Too bad young John Simpson left OT & has gone to Middlesex. The bloke can keep, played cricket with him a few times..

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad news about RHB. Great news about Sangakkara. The Lord of Cricket giveth, and the Lord of Cricket taketh away

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surrey have made lots of new signings but have they actually solved their problem of recent seasons in having a crap pace attack and no decent bats other than Ramprakash? Not convinced they will do that well despite the heavy investment.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Left a couple of years ago, no point crying over spilt milk, he's not shown anything Gareth Cross hasn't
Simpson would have still been very good back-up ATM. But then again i dont believe Cross is a FC # 7 batsman either, if Sutton goes Lancashire may have to pluk another another keeper from somewhere, since Cross as # 1 doesn't full me with much confidence.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Tremlett

Its imperitive he has a nice full season injury free, where he is amongst the wickets. Very much a key part of the future of ENGs pace attack, behind Anderson/Onions/Broad & a uncertain Sidebottom with the Ashes coming up..

Woodster

International Captain
I think Sanga is a fantastic signing for Lancs, the pull of Peter Moores paying off!

Sanga is certainly a player that would get me down to OT on a more frequent basis, no doubt, exceptionally elegant player, am probably going to time my trips down there to coincide with this guy batting.