• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It's all a conspiracy I tell you.

Check this commentary out:
RTA SpeedBlitz Blues vs West End Redbacks - Match 15 2010/11 Sheffield Shield Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Can you find any description of the **** bowling by Smith today? NO. They are all left blank with only a "no run" next to them. The pullshots played against Smith today have been changed to "worked around the corner" etc
Huh?

"Over 110.6: Smith to Edmondson, no run, OUT, attempted drive, top edged and Smith takes the caught and bowled. SA 8/362. The next batsman is George"

"Over 104.2: Smith to Ferguson, no run, OUT, pushing forward and caught by Jaques at short leg. SA 6/333. The new batsman"

"Over 36.2: Smith to Blizzard, no run, OUT, ball stays down, Blizzard refuses to play a shot as he is struck very low on the pads and leaves the umpire with an easy decision. SA 4/102. Christian is the new batsman"

You feeling ok man?

FBU

International Debutant
I thought England were wary of Hauritz when they last met in England. Maybe we will see Hauritz back for the 4th Test. :)

3 Tests 10 wickets at 32.10.econ 3.11 s/r 62.0 - Hauritz
5 Tests 14 wickets at 40.50 econ 3.33 s/r 73.0 - Swann

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's all a conspiracy I tell you.

Check this commentary out:
RTA SpeedBlitz Blues vs West End Redbacks - Match 15 2010/11 Sheffield Shield Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Can you find any description of the **** bowling by Smith today? NO. They are all left blank with only a "no run" next to them. The pullshots played against Smith today have been changed to "worked around the corner" etc
:laugh:

Now you're just getting ridiculous, TumTum.

But not quite as ridiculous as this ****ing selection panel. Seriously, Xavier Doherty and now Michael 'who' Beer!??? It's honestly like they just don't ****ing care at all, and it's downright frustrating and annoying when a bloke who's done absolutely zero gets selected simply because Shane Warne said it in passing. At least Doherty had bowled well in an ODI before his selection, Beer's played all of 5 FC games for his state and taken 16 wickets. He's never taken more than 3 wickets in an innings, FFS. But bravo selectors, a totally warranted selection over Hauritz or O'Keefe who at least have good records and form to back them up. But **** logic, right? Bunch of useless muppets. Fuming atm.

TumTum

Banned
Huh?

"Over 110.6: Smith to Edmondson, no run, OUT, attempted drive, top edged and Smith takes the caught and bowled. SA 8/362. The next batsman is George"

"Over 104.2: Smith to Ferguson, no run, OUT, pushing forward and caught by Jaques at short leg. SA 6/333. The new batsman"

"Over 36.2: Smith to Blizzard, no run, OUT, ball stays down, Blizzard refuses to play a shot as he is struck very low on the pads and leaves the umpire with an easy decision. SA 4/102. Christian is the new batsman"

You feeling ok man?
Exactly my point. You can't find an bad description about Smith. It is all a cover up.

I have watched todays whole play and he was absolute garbage.

That wasn't an "attempted drive" by Edmonson, that was a ****ing dirty slog :laugh:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beer is a pub-standard bowler, he will not add any fizz to Australia's attack... this is further evidence that the Aussie selectors couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

pup11

International Coach
Cheers.

Weird selection, it must be said.

Given Smith has effectively been picked as a batsman (judging by the squad he's a direct replacement for North) I think he has to play. Smith isn't the kind of bowler who can tie an end up whilst the quicks are rotated.

Will have a wee lol if Hussey jr tons up today.
Tbh, Australia are just looking for 20 wkts now, that's why they are effectively going in with 5 bowlers in this test, and eventhough Smith's selection might seem a bit weird he is a much better choice than North....

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I get the feeling White's shot himself in the foot by not bowling anymore. He may have done it so he would stop being treated as a frontline bowler but now he's batting has improved alot if he still bowled some half decent overs he'd be a good pick.
White giving up bowling was the best career choice he has made. His first class batting form has been fantastic the past three years (the date he stopped bowling as a front-liner). Had he not stopped bowling I cannot imagine he would be averaging in the 40s with the bat or his bowling developing much more from the level he was at.

The selection of Beer is so bad. I like what he is doing for Western Australia, but this situation is beyond a joke. One undeserving spinner after another. Beer looks a better bowler than Doherty but that is like saying being hit by a golf club is better than being hit by a cricket bat.

Spark

Global Moderator
Beer is a pub-standard bowler, he will not add any fizz to Australia's attack... this is further evidence that the Aussie selectors couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
i was right when i commented on fb "cue the beer puns".

@Ausage: where are you getting the commentary? i've looked and looked and i can't find it.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good luck to the **** I say.
Well yeah, but it' an astonishing selection. If they weren't going to pick Hauritz it ought to have been O'Keefe.

And I know O'Keefe hasn't been playing, but funnily enough, neither has Johnson.

Beer will play I imagine. If they play four quicks, it's effectively a 5 man pace attack including Watson.

How very, very odd.

Think I'll get back on the phone to CA.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly my point. You can't find an bad description about Smith. It is all a cover up.

I have watched todays whole play and he was absolute garbage.

That wasn't an "attempted drive" by Edmonson, that was a ****ing dirty slog :laugh:
So we should trust you to be fair and balanced on Smith over cricket.com.au :dry:

andyc

Sounds like Beer's gonna play. From the CA website.

“Michael Beer replaces Xavier Doherty in the squad. Michael is a left-arm orthodox spinner who has been very impressive at domestic level this year. He took wickets against England in the tour match earlier this summer and we expect he will bowl very well against the English on his home ground.
Why yes, 16 wickets at 39.93 is very impressive, Andrew. Nowhere near as good as Hauritz's 14 at 26.07, that's for sure.

Last edited:

social

On Dubai radio yesterday, a former test cricketer and mate of Warne's spent nearly 45 minutes of a 2 hour talk-back show discussing Warne's comeback and suggested that it was a done deal for him to return at the MCG and probably as captain

Thought he was simply filling air time but now I'm not so sure

howardj

International Coach

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Flat Beer (when he bowls badly)
Six pack (when he takes six wickets)
Spilt Beer (when he drops a catch)