• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Mike5181

International Captain
On Dubai radio yesterday, a former test cricketer and mate of Warne's spent nearly 45 minutes of a 2 hour talk-back show discussing Warne's comeback and suggested that it was a done deal for him to return at the MCG and probably as captain

Thought he was simply filling air time but now I'm not so sure
And why are you unsure now?

pup11

International Coach
Why Johnson was dropped when they were just gonna bring him back after one test, and why Bollinger has missed out despite being our best bowler across all formats in the last 12 months...!?

Spark

Global Moderator
He might be still not 100%. He looked well, well, well short of match fitness in Adelaide

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep indeed

/cue someone quoting Hauritz's home test record
Don't forget O'Keefe's 11 wickets from 2 matches at 18.45, to go with his 50+ batting average.

Seriously, if the talent/potential wasn't there among Australian spinners, I wouldn't mind the selectors taking a punt on Beer. But there is something there but the selectors are too stubborn to admit they were wrong, in Hauritz's case, and too god-knows-what to pick O'Keefe.

Not saying Hauritz is a world beater and the answer to all our spin problems mind you, but the bloke does have an impressive record at home for Australia, has performed well against England, and is clearly in form with both bat and ball. GAGF, Andrew Hilditch.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like Beer's gonna play. From the CA website.
Mmmm I dunno. From cricinfo.

----
"Doug Bollinger has been omitted from the squad. Both Mitchell Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus did not play in Adelaide but will be strongly considered for selection in the Perth Test match where conditions will suit them. Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle were the pick of our quicks at Adelaide Oval and these four make up the pace attack for the Perth Test match.
---

He might have meant "3 of these 4 will make up the pace attack", but I still find it hard to believe they'll give a grade cricketer a baggy green.

Mike5181

International Captain
Mmmm I dunno. From cricinfo.

----
"Doug Bollinger has been omitted from the squad. Both Mitchell Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus did not play in Adelaide but will be strongly considered for selection in the Perth Test match where conditions will suit them. Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle were the pick of our quicks at Adelaide Oval and these four make up the pace attack for the Perth Test match.
---

He might have meant "3 of these 4 will make up the pace attack", but I still find it hard to believe they'll give a grade cricketer a baggy green.
Well they gave a grade cricketer a place in the squad? If they are prepared to go that far who knows really.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Well they gave a grade cricketer a place in the squad? If they are prepared to go that far who knows really.
If they see something in the guy and want him around the squad to carry the drinks and get to know everybody I don't mind all that much. It's still ridiculous but at least it's not directly compromising our ability to win the Ashes.