• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

outbreak

First Class Debutant
If they see something in the guy and want him around the squad to carry the drinks and get to know everybody I don't mind all that much. It's still ridiculous but at least it's not directly compromising our ability to win the Ashes.
still makes no sense to me though, i know your trying to justfy it but if their just bringing him in for that why not wait until the one day series and do it then or play him in a t20.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget O'Keefe's 11 wickets from 2 matches at 18.45, to go with his 50+ batting average.

Seriously, if the talent/potential wasn't there among Australian spinners, I wouldn't mind the selectors taking a punt on Beer. But there is something there but the selectors are too stubborn to admit they were wrong, in Hauritz's case, and too god-knows-what to pick O'Keefe.

Not saying Hauritz is a world beater and the answer to all our spin problems mind you, but the bloke does have an impressive record at home for Australia, has performed well against England, and is clearly in form with both bat and ball. GAGF, Andrew Hilditch.
This

Beer has done absolutely ****ing nothing to even be on the selector's radar

Has to be one of the darkest days in all my years watching Oz cricket

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Beer? WTFery at its best tbh. And what more should hauritz do to get picked in the ****ing squad? Keep wickets?

Mike5181

International Captain
This

Beer has done absolutely ****ing nothing to even be on the selector's radar

Has to be one of the darkest days in all my years watching Oz cricket
I dunno you still have some world class young talent coming through like Khuwaja and Hughes this is just a rough patch in the middle until they all come of age.

pup11

International Coach
I think its completly unfair to suggest that Hilfenhaus is a just a swing bowler, for me has has taken a lot of his wickets with his accuracy and bumper, and along with Bollinger he is probably our only fast bowler who can perform in all sorts of conditions.

howardj

International Coach
Smith got a for-four the other day, he can do the spinning if need be.

The other problem for Beer is that Ponting has so little patience with the slow men.

If Beer starts flat (pardon the pun) Ponting will either:

• Change the field
• Change plans
• Take him off

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno you still have some world class young talent coming through like Khuwaja and Hughes this is just a rough patch in the middle until they all come of age.
Well why the **** are we waiting for these blokes to come of age but debuting no-hopers like Beer and Doherty??

pup11

International Coach
Like Dean Jones, he reckoned the only thing standing in his way is that he would insist on being captain.
Even if Warne comes back in the next test, which is something I'm really not in the favour of, what is he gonna come and achieve..!? If Ponting gets axed then that most probably would mean that we have failed to win back the Ashes, so are you saying he would be making a comeback with a long term captaincy tenure in mind,,,,???

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith got a for-four the other day, he can do the spinning if need be.

The other problem for Beer is that Ponting has so little patience with the slow men.

If Beer starts flat (pardon the pun) Ponting will either:

• Change the field
• Change plans
• Take him off
This this this

TumTum

Banned
If our bowlers don't perform this Test either, Ellyse Perry could make her debut. We know the selectors are trying everything.