• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

King Pietersen

International Captain
Gazza should replace Bumble or Botham in the cricket commentary box. He's quality on the footy.
This. Neville's gone from everyone other than United fans thinking he was a bit of a dick, to being the pundit widely regarded as the best on TV. Could definitely do a job on the cricket.

182-1, Australia still in a very strong position. Reckon we'll be looking at a 350+ chase, so it's going to be a matter of blocking out the 5th day.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Harris and Lyon the oldest looking bowling partnership currently, IMHO.

Rhino looks like your dad's mate who's still quite sharp at 50 despite the beer gut and the tabs and Lyon is that weird batchelor who still lives with his mum at 45.
Lyon has always kinda reminded me of the yellow guy from Sin City.

Yellow.jpg

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Any decent bets about on an England win?
I wouldnt have thought so but reading posts in this thread saying Aus should leave England 4 sessions to chase 300 then the bookies would have a hard time setting odds on this.

John73

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Declare by tea? They'll need to score at a rapid pace the next session to do so.
Australia's recent form means that they ideally want 150 overs to guarantee will bowl out the opposition in I2 - that time has now past. Can't see us declaring before tea, not after just bowling 139 overs, the bowlers need as long as break as possible. Bat 30 mins, 60 mins max into the last session today - lead by 300-350 odd and then hope the weather stays kind to us and England fold.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke has a history of very positive declarations and they need the win. If the forecast didn't suggest so little play I think the bookies could really underestimate England's chances from here. But as it stands the draw is just too much of an overwhelming favourite to bother backing anything else (sorry John73).

cameronryan123

Cricket Spectator
Harris and Lyon the oldest looking bowling partnership currently, IMHO.

Rhino looks like your dad's mate who's still quite sharp at 50 despite the beer gut and the tabs and Lyon is that weird batchelor who still lives with his mum at 45.
hahahahahahh that is a perfect description of Harris. While we are on the topic of what people look like, I swear this is Cook. chuckandbuck5900x506.jpg

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke has a history of very positive declarations and they need the win. If the forecast didn't suggest so little play I think the bookies could really underestimate England's chances from here. But as it stands the draw is just too much of an overwhelming favourite to bother backing anything else (sorry John73).
This.

Such a shame the rain is around........if not Clarke would certainly go for the win but the only way he could do so is by leaving the back door wide open for us. There would be a result here with 5 full sessions of play IMO.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
This.

Such a shame the rain is around........if not Clarke would certainly go for the win but the only way he could do so is by leaving the back door wide open for us. There would be a result here with 5 full sessions of play IMO.
Clarke to leave England 270, and the rain to disappear and England reaches it five down half an hour after lunch tomorrow.