• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the Aussies are already pre-emptively whining about England getting the better of the conditions etc.
Bollocks mate. We're hoping the conditions stay the same when we bowl, which will give our blokes a chance to utilise them. A real whinge that.

pup11

International Coach
Moisture content of the air is the bigger factor than pure sun, I reckon. The ground being still quite wet would make the atmosphere at ground level still quite humid. If the Aussies don't get useful swing, that's poor bowling.
Hilfy swings it just about anywhere, so that's not an issue, but the real problem is none of the other Aussie bowlers are swing bowlers, so they would have to really on movement of the seam and accuracy to take most of their wickets.

Would be great if Mitch can get some swing going, ideal conditions these for swing bowling, and despite all the criticism that comes his way, he does tend to swing the ball in helpful conditions.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Moisture content of the air is the bigger factor than pure sun, I reckon. The ground being still quite wet would make the atmosphere at ground level still quite humid. If the Aussies don't get useful swing, that's poor bowling.
I really do hope so, I do enjoy genuine (legal) swing bowling, its such a a rarity these days. Would be an injustice not to see both sides show their wares.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilfy swings it just about anywhere, so that's not an issue, but the real problem is none of the other Aussie bowlers are swing bowlers, so they would have to really on movement of the seam and accuracy to take most of their wickets.

Would be great if Mitch can get some swing going, ideal conditions these for swing bowling, and despite all the criticism that comes his way, he does tend to swing the ball in helpful conditions.
Doing a bit off the wicket as well though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Here's some trivia for you. What do these eight men have in common?

Daren Powell
Pramodya Wickremasinghe
Mohammad Sami
Mashrafe Mortaza
Madan Lal
Ajit Agarkar
Shahadat Hossain
Stuart Broad