• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Good match in play atm between Gaugh and Hercog..hoping Gaugh keeps up the fight to take it to a third set..tie break to start..

Niall

International Coach
And Gaugh goes through into the second week of Wimbledon. Nice stuff.
I dunno if I'd call it good but it was hugely entertaining. The quality was low for most of it, but happy Gauff won. Hercog who was clinical for the first set and a half somewhat imploded and played very conservatively especially with the constant bloody slicing.

FAA and Medvedev both out,,,,,young guns haven't really brought it this slam have they? (men)

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I dunno if I'd call it good but it was hugely entertaining. The quality was low for most of it, but happy Gauff won. Hercog who was clinical for the first set and a half somewhat imploded and played very conservatively especially with the constant bloody slicing.

FAA and Medvedev both out,,,,,young guns haven't really brought it this slam have they? (men)
The guys have been a tad disappointing for sure..I might have been a little more effusive than I should have been as regards Gaugh, got a bit carried away with the hype no doubt :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
The guys have been a tad disappointing for sure..I might have been a little more effusive than I should have been as regards Gaugh, got a bit carried away with the hype no doubt :laugh:
Tbf to Gauff she played much better in the last 2 matches, but heh she is in round 16 of Wimbledon at 15 that's ****ing incredible regardless of Hercog's choking.

I'd assume Halep will beat her, but heh after Anismova smashed her at the French who knows? Grass obviously not Haleps best surface and it will be a very partisan crowd. Simona would have wanted Hercog for sure Monday.

Men side is pretty much same as usual sadly. Ladies much more interesting,,,Georges v Serena and Sloane v Konta should be really good.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That 2nd set was a major choke by Hercog. But Gauff looks brilliant for a 15 year old.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting Order of Play for Monday on the Show Courts. With all 16 4th Round matches played on the second Monday there’s usually 4 Men’s and 2 Ladies matches. This year it’s a 3 and 3 split. Whether that’s a bow to equality after complaints in previous years or a sad indictment of the Men’s draw aside from the big 3 I’m not sure.

Niall

International Coach
Interesting Order of Play for Monday on the Show Courts. With all 16 4th Round matches played on the second Monday there’s usually 4 Men’s and 2 Ladies matches. This year it’s a 3 and 3 split. Whether that’s a bow to equality after complaints in previous years or a sad indictment of the Men’s draw aside from the big 3 I’m not sure.
Bit of both surely?

To be fair what of the non 3 big matches would you put on the main courts? I will probably be more interested in them but the Wimbledon masses are not going to give a **** about the other 5 men games.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Barty was beaten by a complete nobody

Let’s see how the Australian media reacts

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Desperately mediocre quality in the Ladies draw. It’s all a bit irritating waiting to see two world class players playing well at the same time. Serena is at about 60% of her peak yet could win this.

Niall

International Coach
Desperately mediocre quality in the Ladies draw. It’s all a bit irritating waiting to see two world class players playing well at the same time. Serena is at about 60% of her peak yet could win this.
Muchova game was pretty good to be fair. I'l take the ladies which is at least unpredictable over the blandness of the men side.

Nadal v Djokovic part 2344 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whole thing is bland and shows why they were hyping up the 15 year old so much as it was a rare new face who actually has some talent. You could add Murray to the mens tournament and would be transferred back 5/10 years and know the winner would come from the big 4 and Williams could/should beat up a bunch of women who aren't very good. All very depressing that nobody is coming through.