• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Tendulkar criticism thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
having to read the facebook posts that suddenly has every one of his 100 international hundreds as stuff scored against tough opposition or tough to bat on pitches or carrying injuries or when his team was under tremendous pressure or a combination of all of that.

But Damn, I seriously thought WC SF against Pakistan at Mohali was where it would happen and he would retire from ODIs with him holding the WC being the last memory of him in an India Blue jersey... God wrote a great story but damn is it a **** climax... I mean 100 off 138 against BD at Mirpur.... Really?

I really do hope he gets at least one more in his ODI career before he pulls the plug. Hopefully on the weekend against Pak :)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
No kidding, of the last 5 ODI tons Sachin as scored, India have only won once. No wonder he didn't wanna score another one :p

G.I.Joe

International Coach
"I cannot see that being beaten to be honest - it is a phenomenal effort. Records are meant to be broken, but I honestly do not think I will see someone score 100 hundreds in international cricket again."
Alistair Cook, who scored a hundred in a practice game on the same day, says Tendulkar's record will stay intact

"Seriously has anyone actually thought about what Sachin has done here? 100 100s! Absolutely unbelievable. Batter's dream!"
Kevin Pietersen can barely believe Tendulkar's achievement

"The focus should not be about how he got his 100th hundred, but how he got his 100 hundreds.... ****s who want to whine on about just the 100th 100 can piss off to the tour thread"
Sanjay Manjrekar tweets that Tendulkar's feat should be viewed holistically. Post creator may have embellished quote for added effect.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
"I cannot see that being beaten to be honest - it is a phenomenal effort. Records are meant to be broken, but I honestly do not think I will see someone score 100 hundreds in international cricket again."
Alistair Cook, who scored a hundred in a practice game on the same day, says Tendulkar's record will stay intact

"Seriously has anyone actually thought about what Sachin has done here? 100 100s! Absolutely unbelievable. Batter's dream!"
Kevin Pietersen can barely believe Tendulkar's achievement

"The focus should not be about how he got his 100th hundred, but how he got his 100 hundreds.... ****s who want to whine on about just the 100th 100 can piss off to the tour thread"
Sanjay Manjrekar tweets that Tendulkar's feat should be viewed holistically. Post creator may have embellished quote for added effect.
lol.. GI Joe stopping to new low..

Yes, that is doggerel and I am proud of it. :p

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
This match a metaphor for much of his career tbh.
This! Not taking anything away from the statistical achievement but the fact is he scored a 100th 100 against a weak bowling attack...probably the weakest...and the team lost the game against Bangladesh...wasting a good effort. Having said that it is a grand achievement

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not gonna knock the man here.. I think he is a genius and I am privileged to have watched his whole career and with that, some of his greatest ever knocks live over at Chennai..

But seriously, his fans and media have made him into something that is bigger than the team itself. :( Even when he makes mistakes, it is almost sacrilageous to criticize him. Just check out the facebook posts and the cricinfo comments.. Jeez......

My trouble is not even with what he does wrong. There are always bad knocks. And there are always times when it seems a player put his personal milestone above his team needs, esp. when team needs are not that clear anyways, like today... But it is when people start posting comments like "even when he does so well, the bowlers let him down." Yeah, right..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am not gonna knock the man here.. I think he is a genius and I am privileged to have watched his whole career and with that, some of his greatest ever knocks live over at Chennai..

But seriously, his fans and media have made him into something that is bigger than the team itself. :( Even when he makes mistakes, it is almost sacrilageous to criticize him. Just check out the facebook posts and the cricinfo comments.. Jeez......

My trouble is not even with what he does wrong. There are always bad knocks. And there are always times when it seems a player put his personal milestone above his team needs, esp. when team needs are not that clear anyways, like today... But it is when people start posting comments like "even when he does so well, the bowlers let him down." Yeah, right..
This.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
For every dumb ass that says Sachin does no wrong, I have seen as many "Today, Sachin demonstrated one of his 100 ways on how to score a hundred and screw up the match". It has pretty much become a constant battle between these two kinds of cricket fans and it is robbing any delight I take from cricket in the last year. Really hope Tendulkar turns it on again and has an awesome run. And, a brilliant milestone this for Sachin, even with this long struggle to get the 100th hundred, he is standing pretty at 7.63 innings per century. Remarkable.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Sachin had of scored 99 at a proper rate India would have won. The fact is he batted Forrest like and put himself ahead of the team. There is something so fitting about SRT scoring this 100th 100 rubbish in a lose against an ok but nothing special attack.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You didn't watch the match did you?

If Sachin has to score at a run a ball because he has to expect that India can't defend 9 rpo in the last 15 overs then that is a sad state of afairs.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah it wasn't his fault they lost (without watching the match)

decent anchoring knocks are not the reason you lose those games.

but it is a fair whack of irony nonetheless

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It has been annoying as hell, sure and the only reason this gets so much publicity than something like a 1000 international wickets is only because it is Sachin..

BUT, it is still a great achievement, as anticlimatic as it has been.. I just hope this does not end up being his last ODI 100 :(
Just ftr the reason 1000 international wickets doesn't get "hyped" is probably because wickets are the equivalent of the # of runs scored instead of centuries. So I guess the aim would probably be 100 international 5-fers which would sort of equal the 100 100s. 1000 wickets is probably the equivalent to about 30k international runs.

Although personally I find 5 wicket hauls to be much harder to achieve than a 100. So a 100 centuries vs 90 5-fer's is probably more apt. Murali has 77 if you combined both formats.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just ftr the reason 1000 international wickets doesn't get "hyped" is probably because wickets are the equivalent of the # of runs scored instead of centuries. So I guess the aim would probably be 100 international 5-fers which would sort of equal the 100 100s. 1000 wickets is probably the equivalent to about 30k international runs.

Although personally I find 5 wicket hauls to be much harder to achieve than a 100. So a 100 centuries vs 90 5-fer's is probably more apt. Murali has 77 if you combined both formats.
If you think that is the case, Murali >>> any batsman.. And it is a lot harder to get 5 wickets in an ODI than it is to get a 100..

Last edited: