• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Melbourne Cup on the Tuesday (obv) and MCG on the Wednesday would be great to watch, but yeah I don't really much public interest at all.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Care factor for this series is very low. I don't expect the public to care too much, and attendances to be low. The summer of Cricket in Australia never feels real until ball one in the 1st Test at the Gabba.
Cue Cricket Australia making even more ridiculous changes to try and generate "interest" in a "dying" format.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
met the entire Sri Lankan cricket team today..Was an awesome experience.. They were really friendly and warm.

Spoke to Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Fernando :D

Lostman

State Captain
met the entire Sri Lankan cricket team today..Was an awesome experience.. They were really friendly and warm.

Spoke to Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Fernando :D
Fernando cracked me up when I met him.
tall well built dude but has a Michael Jackson voice.:blink:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be a good chance to say a last hurrah to Murali here. Be good to go out and see him bowl again. I'm hoping and expecting him to be well received tbh.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Rain has ruined it. Can't think of that Haddin, Jaques and Bracken were rested for the game. That would have given them quality exposure before the Ashes. They would have got a look at a tall off spinner, who bowls very similar to a one they expect to play against in Ashes.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Looks like a decent squad. No Hauritz in it either. I'm hoping they give O'Keefe a run and personally i'd like to see Hastings get more of a chance aswell. I really can't see how Clarke can be picked on anything other then his captaincy role though....
Personal choice aswell but i'd take Wade for limited overs keeping over Haddin and Paine.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The entire squad plays for either NSW or Victoria, FMD!

I'm pleased for P.Siddle despite T20 being his worst format. Glad that Hauritz is out of the squad and it will be good to see O'Keefe (if he makes the final XI) playing although probably not surprisingly I would have went for Doherty.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The entire squad plays for either NSW or Victoria, FMD!
Haha yeah that is so gun. Both states should push for Test status individually IMO. :p

Imagine a Test match between Victoria and NSW on Boxing Day - it'd be epic. Copeland to take five on Day 1.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha yeah that is so gun. Both states should push for Test status individually IMO. :p

Imagine a Test match between Victoria and NSW on Boxing Day - it'd be epic. Copeland to take five on Day 1.
Haha, I would love to see a full strength Victoria take on NSW in a four/five day match, not on boxing day though! So many talented players wouldn't make the team, I don't think Steve Smith would make my NSW team tbh.

With regards to the NSW/VIC Aussie squad, you could easily name a very competitive 11 replacements just from those 2 states.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, I would love to see a full strength Victoria take on NSW in a four/five day match, not on boxing day though! So many talented players wouldn't make the team, I don't think Steve Smith would make my NSW team tbh.

With regards to the NSW/VIC Aussie squad, you could easily name a very competitive 11 replacements just from those 2 states.
EDIT: Nevermind :p

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's interesting, don't reckon Siddle would play in Victoria's 1st choice T20 XI.
I'm not even sure Starc would play NSW's OD Second XI with everyone fit and available. The Australian selectors definitely haven't shied away from completely ignoring what the state selectors are doing.