• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maybe this should go in the Aus Domestic Thread but I would love to see people's thoughts on the best 4 bowlers in each format from both Vic and NSW assuming everyone is fit.

It's crazy for Victoria that you see the likes of Hastings, McKay, Nannes, Siddle, Harwood, JPattinson get call ups while someone like Damian Wright is the ultimate professional and he's been completely ignored.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Haddin needs to impress in order to justify his walk-in incumbency, imo.

Don't think there was much more Paine could have done in England and India, save for one or two freakish knocks of Gilchrist-proportions. But that's just expecting too much from any keeper-batsmen these days.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haddin needs to impress in order to justify his walk-in incumbency, imo.

Don't think there was much more Paine could have done in England and India, save for one or two freakish knocks of Gilchrist-proportions. But that's just expecting too much from any keeper-batsmen these days.
Paine's not that kind of keeper-batsman anyway. Probably needed to convert his two 50's into 100's to be seriously contemplating going into Brisbane, but I agree that he couldn't have done much more. He only made one real mistake IIRC (missing a stumping).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Doherty named in ODI Squad

So glad Doherty is in the squad, but it looks like he'll be in direct competition with Hauritz as both are in the squad. No Hopes in the squad for the first in ages and a little disappointing that Smith and Marsh are playing and not Ferguson.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is it just me or have there been a bucketload of media statements/comments/whatever from Clarke in recent times? ITSTL.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
ODI squad has doherty and smith good news and a good chance for them. Who else thinks Hauritz will faill in the shield match he's playing>?

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think it's well handled to have Hauritz miss one game to play for NSW in the Shield, which gives Doherty a chance to prove himself for a game at least.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Personally i'd rather see Hauritz play no ODI's this series if it means he could get 2 shield games in (haven't checked the fixtures if the dates are possible for that), he needs practice taking wickets in proper spells not 2 limited overs matches.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
BTW what's up with Lee these days? Heard that he's lost pace and is now bowling at mid 130's?

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good to see Doherty given a chance at ODI level. Despite how he's going in the current shield game, I don't rate him in the longer version of the game, but he would be my first choice spinner in the ODI format. I just hope they actually use him rather than have him sitting on the bench the whole series and go with Hauritz and Smith for all games.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Other than Nannes constantly being criminally ignorned for ODIs with certain key players missing. Its an ok squad.

Not sure what Hopes has done to dropped however.

Great to see Doherty getting a look in @ international cricket though. Given i dont see AUS domestic cricket, this would be the 1st time seeing him bowl since he impressed in the 2002 Under 19 WC & since then i always saw him as future AUS bowler. His career hasn't really stepped up domestically, but looking forward to seeing him bowl after 8 years.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Other than Nannes constantly being criminally ignorned for ODIs with certain key players missing. Its an ok squad.

Not sure what Hopes has done to dropped however.

Great to see Doherty getting a look in @ international cricket though. Given i dont see AUS domestic cricket, this would be the 1st time seeing him bowl since he impressed in the 2002 Under 19 WC & since then i always saw him as future AUS bowler. His career hasn't really stepped up domestically, but looking forward to seeing him bowl after 8 years.
It's pretty uninspiring. He's effective in one day cricket though.