• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka’s Tour of the West Indies-2021- All Format

Woodster

International Captain
Another captivating day in an unfortunately short series. Neither side able to really grab the initiative today, just when WI were faltering they just seem to grab a handy little partnership that’s got them edging close to 300.

Generally you’d say they’re still short but you never know what you’re going to get with the SL batting unit, nor the WI bowling attack at the moment, guess that’s why this series is so watchable!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Agree with everyone, this has been s really watchable series. I'd say slight advantage to SL, but 300 plus us reasonable and if we bowl better than the last game it might be enough.

We still have a highly flawed batting lineup, but the difference in the last few tests has been the stomach for the fight. We've found ways of posting par scores no matter what happens and Kraigg, Al Jo and Rakheem have essentially baled out Bonner and Da Silva who failed for basically the first time in their test careers. Good stuff.

Campbell is on thin ice for sure. I've seen some improvement but I'm not sure it's enough to keep playing him.

Blackwood also concerns me, his excellent 2020 gives him some leeway but today was a brainless knock.

Still, not sure how Lakmal is still standing after all these overs. He's been amazing, I agree he's the man of the series unless Jason Holder gets another cheap five wicket haul.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again runs from Joseph and Cornwall is hurting us. The unavailability of Lahiru kumara and Nuwan Pradeep is telling. Pradeep would have run circles round the batsmen on these conditions. Unfortunate it is he coudn't sustain for even three days on the trot.

Woodster

International Captain
Lakmal’s record since the start of 2018 is 63 wickets at just over 24, a vast improvement in his record when he was below the age of 30, I think his average before 2018 was around mid 40’s!

He looks such an improved and consistent bowler these days, must be a nightmare for someone like John Campbell who’s struggling with form and confidence and has lost knowledge of where his off stump is. He really doesn’t know what to play at and what to leave and Lakmal is giving him no respite at all.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakmal’s record since the start of 2018 is 63 wickets at just over 24, a vast improvement in his record when he was below the age of 30, I think his average before 2018 was around mid 40’s!

He looks such an improved and consistent bowler these days, must be a nightmare for someone like John Campbell who’s struggling with form and confidence and has lost knowledge of where his off stump is. He really doesn’t know what to play at and what to leave and Lakmal is giving him no respite at all.
The most important is this

1617100233530.png

It's a shame that we lost our way in producing spinners, match winning ones at home, and ones that can hold their line and length overseas. With Lakmal averaging 23 overseas, and 24 overall, and Vishwa Fernado averaging 33.5 (home and away), we wouldn't have been in the mires we are now at the moment.