• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka’s Tour of the West Indies-2021- All Format

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About time we have a thread for this tour.

Schedule:
All T20I matches to be played at the Coolidge Cricket Ground

1st T20I- March 3rd
2nd T20I- March 5th
3rd T20I- March 7th

All ODIs and Te to be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium

1st ODI- March 10th
2nd ODI- March 12th
3rd ODI- March 14th

1st Test- March 21st to 25th
2nd Test- March 29th to April 2nd

Squads
West Indies have just announced their white balls squads. Kevin Sinclair and Akeal Hosein get their maiden call ups to the T20 team.

T20I squad:
1. Kieron Pollard (captain)
2. Nicholas Pooran (vice-captain)
3. Fabien Allen
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Fidel Edwards
6. Andre Fletcher
7. Jason Holder
8. Akeal Hosein
9. Chris Gayle
10. Evin Lewis
11. Obed McCoy
12. Rovman Powell
13. Lendl Simmons
14. Kevin Sinclair

ODI Squad:
2. Shai Hope (vice-captain)
3. Fabien Allen
4. Darren Bravo
5. Jason Holder
6. Akeal Hosein
7. Alzarri Joseph
8. Evin Lewis
9. Kyle Mayers
10. Jason Mohamed
11. Nicholas Pooran
12. Romario Shepherd
13. Kevin Sinclair
+
+
+
No room for Hetmyer, Oshane, Cotterell, and Chase. They all failed fitness tests

SillyCowCorner1

The selectors stated that those guys didn’t meet the fitness requirements to be included in the squad...

Cotterell is an army man...so it is kinda strange, but you have to go through a test.

I wonder how Gayle was deemed fit.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The selectors stated that those guys didn’t meet the fitness requirements to be included in the squad...

Cotterell is an army man...so it is kinda strange, but you have to go through a test.

I like the professionalism they are trying to bring to our cricket, but Gayle and Pollard passed the test? I think not. They need to be more transparent about the test and people's results.

Also really not on board with Jason Mohammed on the ODI team. We have Shai playing the anchor role, we can't have another.

Also have my doubts on Kevin Sinclair as he doesn't turn the ball. But I wish him well and love his enthusiasm.

Beamer

Given those squads my sides are:

T20

Lewis
Simmons
Gayle
Pooran (wk)
Pollard
Powell
Allen
Bravo
Sinclair
McCoy
Edwards

ODI

Hope (wk)
Lewis
Bravo
Pooran
Pollard
Holder
Allen
Shepherd
Hosein
Sinclair
Joseph

SillyCowCorner1

I like the professionalism they are trying to bring to our cricket, but Gayle and Pollard passed the test? I think not. They need to be more transparent about the test and people's results.

Also really not on board with Jason Mohammed on the ODI team. We have Shai playing the anchor role, we can't have another.

Also have my doubts on Kevin Sinclair as he doesn't turn the ball. But I wish him well and love his enthusiasm.
It appears as if they're trying to set a standard. But the inclusion of Gayle is a head scratcher...we know he's a tallawah and all of that, but him passing a fitness test over someone like the Souljah? Come on man, this is ridiculous.

Jason Mohammed should have been discarded. End of story.
I like the Sinclair addition. He can hold down an end with the new ball. Very miserly.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SL limited overs squad (source) : Dimuth Karunaratne (capt), Dasun Shanaka, Danushka Gunathilake, Pathum Nissanka, Ashen Bandara, Oshada Fernando, Dinesh Chandimal, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Thisara Perera, Kamindu Mendis, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis, Lahiru Kumara, Nuwan Pradeep, Asitha Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananajaya, Lakshan Sandakan, Dilshan Madushanka, Suranga Lakmal.

morgieb

Hopefully the Nissanka selection means he's in the mix for the Test team, given his current domestic limited overs record is kinda ****.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Members have pointed out to me that sri Lankan fc cricket is a horrible indicator of international potential, but I still fail to grasp how someone like nissanka is consistently not even in test squads when you have openers who have played 40 tests with averages in the high 20's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
About time we have a thread for this tour.

Schedule:
All T20I matches to be played at the Coolidge Cricket Ground

1st T20I- March 3rd
2nd T20I- March 5th
3rd T20I- March 7th

All ODIs and Te to be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium

1st ODI- March 10th
2nd ODI- March 12th
3rd ODI- March 14th

1st Test- March 21st to 25th
2nd Test- March 29th to April 2nd

Squads
West Indies have just announced their white balls squads. Kevin Sinclair and Akeal Hosein get their maiden call ups to the T20 team.

T20I squad:
2. Nicholas Pooran (vice-captain)
3. Fabien Allen
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Fidel Edwards
6. Andre Fletcher
7. Jason Holder
8. Akeal Hosein
9. Chris Gayle
10. Evin Lewis
11. Obed McCoy
12. Rovman Powell
13. Lendl Simmons
14. Kevin Sinclair

ODI Squad:
2. Shai Hope (vice-captain)
3. Fabien Allen
4. Darren Bravo
5. Jason Holder
6. Akeal Hosein
7. Alzarri Joseph
8. Evin Lewis
9. Kyle Mayers
10. Jason Mohamed
11. Nicholas Pooran
12. Romario Shepherd
13. Kevin Sinclair
+
+
+
No room for Hetmyer, Oshane, Cotterell, and Chase. They all failed fitness tests
Yessss Sinclair

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Jimmy Adams, CWI's Director of Cricket:
"As is best practice around the world, there are going to be times when players for different reasons might be unable or incapable of achieving minimum standards across either the whole battery of tests or certain aspects of it, and there are exemptions that are given to these players.

The four main areas that are considered would be age, individual physiological limitations, their injury history and their training history. This is standard across many high-performance environments and we're no different. There are quite a few players at the moment who have been exempted under one of these four headings. It's not a secret. It's been communicated to players."

Link

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted if Edwards doesn't play. Aside from the current WI T20 bowlers being trash, the novelty of a fast bowler being recalled after 9 years at age 39 is too much to pass up.

Beamer

Gutted if Edwards doesn't play. Aside from the current WI T20 bowlers being trash, the novelty of a fast bowler being recalled after 9 years at age 39 is too much to pass up.
I couldn't believe how quickly he was bowling at the T10. Easily 150kph. Unreal for a 39 year old.

JOJOXI

Seen him a couple times live at the ground in recent years in County Cricket and whilst I question the speedgun for T10 didn't watch it but would be surprised if he easily got to 150kph regularly in International cricket, he was noticeably quicker then the other bowlers I saw in most of those matches - very impressive for someone of his age!