• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Woodster

International Captain
Watched the afternoon session yesterday and the start of the evening session, including Martin's innings-changing spell. Wouldn't have believed SA would finish the day on 191-7 having watched the first session. The ball did little off the straight and SA looked close to total command. The NZ attack can be forgiven for being too full in the first half hour seeking any assistance through the air, but saw Smith and Petersen profit from confident drives down the ground. So fair play to Boult for keeping it full and removing Petersen as he played down the wrong line.

The enter Chris Martin! Three wickets in four balls and Smith, Kallis and de Villiers the victims - wow! That doesn't happen too often in a bowlers career, to remove three players of such quality. We finally saw the ball beating the edge of the bat, Martin seamed one away from Kallis, then swung the next one into de Villiers, it was top stuff.

Did the ball continue to do a bit more throughout the evening session than what it did in the afternoon ?

BeeGee

International Captain
Martin's a legend. He said he was pissed off at Wright for calling a team meeting and interrupting his warm up, so he took it out on the SA batsmen. :laugh:

Wrighty should piss him off more often.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Some bloody loose shots from SA this innings. Rudolph obligingly carves another wide one down backward point's throat.

Followed by the obligatory Bracewell "front no-ball" third umpire check. Shaves the line more than anyone I've ever seen.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Some bloody loose shots from SA this innings. Rudolph obligingly carves another wide one down backward point's throat.

Followed by the obligatory Bracewell "front no-ball" third umpire check. Shaves the line more than anyone I've ever seen.
If IIRC he almost cost New Zealand the Hobart test with that front foot. Can't remember if he got the last wicket earlier, only for it to be reversed, or was simply really close for the final one.

Woodster

International Captain
Could be a big hour or so leading upto lunch for New Zealand's openers/top/middle order. If they can get through unscathed, it will no doubt be a big boost for them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yea it's silly to be so close all the time these days.

You could basically bowl fractional no-balls throughout your spell, none of the get called because they're borderline then as soon as you get a wicket they'll check it. So the wicket will likely be chalked off because of the technology removing the doubt which was previously going in the bowler's favour.

Woodster

International Captain
Crazy run out ends a growing period of frustration for NZ. Some full bowling beginning to get slapped about, but overall NZ must be delighted with finishing SA off for 238. Now for a massive part of this Test match, this period till lunch and NZ's first innings batting in general.

BeeGee

International Captain
Superb effort by NZ to keep SA under 250 on this very good batting track.

I'll be very disappointed if NZ don't get at least 100 run lead.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
47 added then. I think SA would've taken that, but will still be slightly disappointed because they've gifted all three wickets to NZ.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
47 added then. I think SA would've taken that, but will still be slightly disappointed because they've gifted all three wickets to NZ.
Nah, absolute par this morning for both sides for mine.

Last edited: