• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya it'll be unfair to blame SA about it. They are the 2nd most civil side in world cricket today, after NZ.

Chrish

International Debutant
I think pitch is pretty much out of equation at this point.. Even most bitter critics can complain no more

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
SA need to watch all of Andy Flower's test innings in India and learn a thing or two.
They have only one more day to learn. They will have to bat sometime tomorrow or the day after, for the last time in the series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I watched him plenty elsewhere to discard one freak performance where he actually might have looked competent.
He was ****house, but at his best, which to give him some credit happened more than just once in his life, was better than what Yadav's managed to date.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey guys, Been away. has that dumb **** fan who complained about the toss costing South Africa their 9 away record appeared yet? Imagine getting owned by Yadav and Ishant on Indian pitches. What a bunch of hacks this batting order has become.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also hopefully the ****ness that is the current Saffers batting order makes people realise just how ****ing unbelievably critical Kallis was, and why he is one of the ATGs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And Smith. Having two inexperienced openers in an away tour where they've never played before is another major factor. I doubt they ever had a 50 run opening partnership in this series.

Having this period of struggle after major players leave, or when you have two new openers is not unique to South Africa. Only difference is, they hadn't really been tested since the 2014 Australia series, and trouncing West Indies last year and rained out draws in Bangladesh made sure even they didn't know how bad it really was.

OverratedSanity

Also hopefully the ****ness that is the current Saffers batting order makes people realise just how ****ing unbelievably critical Kallis was, and why he is one of the ATGs.
Meh, it's not just him though. It's the fact that Kallis and Smith are gone and that Amla has lost his form all at the same time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, it's not just him though. It's the fact that Kallis and Smith are gone and that Amla has lost his form all at the same time.
I didn't say its just him. But this order has been weak post-him leaving, like against Aus last year.

Feel like you're disagreeing for the sake of it here. Kallis was there during their epic era for a reason, wasn't a coincidence their gun time away was with him there.

OverratedSanity

I didn't say it was a coincidence. Just that SA being ****e here has been the result of a number of things, not just the absence of kallis.