• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
This has been close to a masterclass from Big Vern. In his words somebody will step up without AB, Faf, Steyn. Its him so far.

Imagine if 1 of the Root chances were taken. Been scratchy but good players find ways to make runs.

Woodster

International Captain
Well, Bairstow trapped on the crease now and four down before lunch, thought height was the only issue but a decent decision really. 76-4 and in trouble, time for the new skipper and vice!

91Jmay

International Coach
Philander such a gun, SA bowled really well this morning on a pitch with very little in it from what i've seen. No surprise our batting is the way it is with the clown shoes line up we've picked.

Groundking

International Debutant
Philander such a gun, SA bowled really well this morning on a pitch with very little in it from what i've seen. No surprise our batting is the way it is with the clown shoes line up we've picked.
What would you do differently with the team?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
17 years since SA/Eng won a series against the other at home. SA are such a weird team... have a similar record against Australia too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Moeen at 7... after all the talk about how he was a batsman first and foremost now etc

social

Good first session from SA but should have been great

Prediction is that England will be in a strong position at stumps as you cannot drop a good player twice

Night all

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So Moeen at 7... after all the talk about how he was a batsman first and foremost now etc
I mean it was a presumption, but it definitely seemed like a logical one considering how the last Test in India went.

Then Dawson was picked, which made it seem even more likely. As it is I just can't understand the thinking behind this 6 bowlers thing.

Scaly piscine

So how do we assess Ballance's first chance average? Is he 20 for 2? If his comedy review costs England later will he 20 for 3?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I mean it was a presumption, but it definitely seemed like a logical one considering how the last Test in India went.

Then Dawson was picked, which made it seem even more likely. As it is I just can't understand the thinking behind this 6 bowlers thing.
Maybe it's insurance due to some of them not being 100% fit.

So far I'm more worried about the gulf in quality between Philander and our batsmen than I am about the selection.