• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This whole experiment of testing Trott out with leg stump half volleys can't last much longer surely.

Warne is spot on - get it in the channel outside off stump and wait for him to get out

Ruckus

International Captain
Please Siddle stop pitching it full onto the pads...do you have a brain?

From what I've seen of Doherty so far he looks like a very poor fielder...bring back Hauritz :ph34r:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching Trott still confuses the hell out of me, change my mind on if it is an enjoyable experience or not every 5 minutes, times the ball beautifully at times that is fore sure.

pskov

International 12th Man
Please Siddle stop pitching it full onto the pads...do you have a brain?

From what I've seen of Doherty so far he looks like a very poor fielder...bring back Hauritz :ph34r:
Judging from the field set and the fact that Harris was also pitching it full and straight to Trott it seems like it is a deliberate strategy. Fair to say it's not worked very well so far.

Son Of Coco

Get it outside Trott's off-stump for ****'s sake. It's not hard to work out.

Don't see how bowling every single ball in an area that is a batsman's strength is a tactic.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Bollinger attempting bouncers at Cook and Siddle at the other end bowling half volleys on Trott's pads. You'd think these guys were Johnson in disguise

srkven

Cricket Spectator
Has anyone realised that either Andrew Strauss posts a big score, or fails miserably for a duck or one.

simmy

International Regular
These two looking very solid atm.

Also Dohery getting injured is pretty fortunate! Not sure for which side though....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting to hear Warne refuse to categorically rule out a test comeback when he was in Sky's comm box with Bumble. "Never say never" is the headline quote.

Not sure about ver crim's tactics here. If anyone's ever seen Trott in particular play they'd know he likes it on his pads. He'll put straight ones away all day, especially on a dodo-dead deck like this.

Son Of Coco

Thank you Chappelli and Tubbs: outside off and then he might try to flick one through the leg-side, instead of everything on leg. Brilliant idea!

pskov

International 12th Man
These two looking very solid atm.

Also Dohery getting injured is pretty fortunate! Not sure for which side though....
If it just prevents him bowling then it's fortunate for Australia. If it prevents him from batting too then it's fortunate for England.

tooextracool

International Coach
If Australia were smart, which I dont think for 1 second they are, they would go around the wicket and bowl into Trott's body, pushing the odd one up there for the drive. With 3 140+ bowlers and on this pitch, they could easily execute this plan. But it wont happen.